Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Finally, It's here! Football is back!
Quote | Reply
Let's make bold predictions.

1. The Pats will make the playoffs.
2. The Browns will suck.
3. Someone will get arrested for domestic violence or drug use or both.
4. Some Green Bay Packers will be playing in short sleeves in the snow.
5. Skip Bayliss will say a bunch of stupid shit on TV.
6. A new coach will step in for Rex Ryan to say stupid shit on TV.
7. Vontaze Burcfit will remain the dirtiest player in the league.
8. There will be questionable calls that will be debated endlessly.
9. Tony Romo will not get injured this year.
10. League MVP will go to a QB
Quote Reply
Re: Finally, It's here! Football is back! [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You just blocked out last Saturday?
Quote Reply
Re: Finally, It's here! Football is back! [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pro football. I don't really care about college (I shouldn't say that too loud here)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Pro football. I don't really care about college (I shouldn't say that too loud here)

Gainesville and not liking college football? You may have American citizenship but your application to the Gator Nation has been denied.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hockey season starts first week of October.

After the debacle that was Superb Owl LI the Falcons and the NFL as a whole are dead to me.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Finally, It's here! Football is back! [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Now that's something to get excited about. Watching the 30-second highlights of NFL games is something I can barely manage but hockey is different.

Should be a great year, really looking forward to see how the Leafs, Oilers and Jets do this year, all teams with a lot of potential.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

After the debacle that was Superb Owl LI the Falcons and the NFL as a whole are dead to me.

Wasn't the Stanley Cup a couple months ago?

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Finally, It's here! Football is back! [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't exaggerate. It was three months ago.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Hockey season starts first week of October. After the debacle that was Superb Owl LI the Falcons and the NFL as a whole are dead to me.

I predict the Leafs will kill your interest in the NHL by November.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fuckin football , they are killing it . three hours of commercials , playbacks, penalties.. I hate it .

sometimes
Quote Reply
Re: Finally, It's here! Football is back! [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Hockey season starts first week of October. After the debacle that was Superb Owl LI the Falcons and the NFL as a whole are dead to me.

Aren't you a Bills' fan? ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Finally, It's here! Football is back! [mustangchef] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mustangchef wrote:
fuckin football , they are killing it . three hours of commercials , playbacks, penalties.. I hate it .

I often record it and can watch a game in about an hour. Skip commercials and breeze through kick offs and punts. I only watch a full game when friends and family are over.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A few predictions
  • The Jets will not go 0-16. They will accidentally win one against someone. Yes, they will even fail at tanking.
  • The Bills will make Nathan Peterman their starting QB by mid season. And barely finish ahead of the Jets.
  • The Jags will surprise everyone, compete for the division and and Blake Bortles will enter into the 'is he elite?' discussion.
  • Derek Carr and the Raiders will take a big step back.
  • Jay Cutler will be a revelation in MIA, leading them to a winning record and another wild card spot. But he still will look like he don't give a sh!t.
  • The Steelers will desperately need a QB this year. Big Ben's warranty period is up and he his limbs will start falling off by mid season. And because they have a SB contending team, they will look to grab someone who can carry them. The Bill's Tyrod Taylor may be a Steeler by Week 14 if Ben goes down.
  • The Browns will mostly suck but show glimmers of brilliance. I predict they will finish ahead of the Ravens, who will have their own performance crisis.
  • The Giants will dominate the NFC East and the Cowboys will finish outside the playoffs. Dak will be exposed for what he is - A backup QB. J.Jones will be looking for a QB next draft.
  • The NFC west will no longer be a division that inspires fear. Only the Seahawks will be strong.
  • The Lions will be competitive and give GB a run for the division. Ultimately, the Blue Oyster Club mustache will prove triumphant.
  • The NFC south sent a different team to the SB the last two years in a row - both losing. I predict that this year they will do so again. And lose again. Its time for the TB Buccaneers to rise up and make a run for it.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Guffaw wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Aren't you a Bills' fan? ;-)

Et Tu, Brute?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going team-specific, here.

Pittsburgh:
- will lose at least one of the three main offensive weapons for multiple weeks, most likely Big Ben
- will lose at least one, probably two, gimmie games (read: Colts, Jags, Browns)
- aforementioned injury/injuries and loss against aforementioned bottom feeder team will leave them in need of help for a playoff spot
- will choke in the second round, if not sooner
- Ben retires thereafter
- Tomlin keeps his job for another five years

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Finally, It's here! Football is back! [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The Steelers will desperately need a QB this year. Big Ben's warranty period is up and he his limbs will start falling off by mid season. And because they have a SB contending team, they will look to grab someone who can carry them. The Bill's Tyrod Taylor may be a Steeler by Week 14 if Ben goes down.

If Dobbs doesn't shape up by season's end, look for Cousins to bail out of DC and land in Pittsburgh.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Colin Kaepernick will sign with a team. Green Bay.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm betting Romo will still get injured.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Pittsburgh:
- will lose at least one of the three main offensive weapons for multiple weeks, most likely Big Ben
- will lose at least one, probably two, gimmie games (read: Colts, Jags, Browns)
- aforementioned injury/injuries and loss against aforementioned bottom feeder team will leave them in need of help for a playoff spot
- will choke in the second round, if not sooner
- Ben retires thereafter
- Tomlin keeps his job for another five years

One down (crushed by Jags), five to go.

Quote Reply
Re: Finally, It's here! Football is back! [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm giving up on making any predictions this season. So far, all teams have shown some glaring flaws, maybe except the Eagles, but it's the Eagles, so we know shit is coming.
Quote Reply