Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Better value tri bike
Quote | Reply
hi all, this is a continuation from my previous post about selling my P3. i managed to get a fantastic deal for it and am looking at options for an upgrade

key assumption is all are able to fit me, which is better value for money?

1. 2018 canyon speedmax cf slx 8.0 with udi2 $5700 inc shipping pros: new model, looks goood cons: 3 month wait

2. 2018 s-works shiv with training wheels and udi2 : $6000 pros: like the looks of this the best cons: old frameset design (does it matter?)

3. 2017 giant trinity advanced pro 0 with etap: $5100 pros: looks best value for money based on the specs cons: not really sure

key reason why im changing bikes is i want something with di2 for ease of shifting on hills and a bike i would be happy to ride. im not expecting a big increase in times due to the bike. im indifferent to the looks of all the 3 and each has their own pros and cons. just wondering which you would choose if it were you and why
Quote Reply
Re: Better value tri bike [garg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well my 2 cents is buy the one you like to look at the most. if that's the shiv, I'd strongly consider looking through the classifieds here for a used one in good condition, then buying the di2 system separate. if you are patient enough, you can probably get the frame and the groupset with money left over for a power meter (i.e. pioneer), race wheels or both for under 6k.

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Last edited by: Callin': Sep 7, 17 6:56
Quote Reply
Re: Better value tri bike [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you can get a brand shiv sport brand, UDi2 and an and a Tririg aplha X bar plus power meter for less than $6,000 probably.

The frame is the same as the s works in shape just not 11r carbon.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just out of curiosity, why no consideration for the Premier Tactical? In your price range it seems like a no brainier to at least consider...

I wrote this, you should read it:
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...n_Swimming_6700.html
Quote Reply
Re: Better value tri bike [tallswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tallswimmer wrote:
Just out of curiosity, why no consideration for the Premier Tactical? In your price range it seems like a no brainier to at least consider...

My thoughts exactly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shiv but not the s-works model. It is the same bike. Spend your money on better components and a wheelset.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the 2017 Trinity with Ultegra di2. Super fast bike. Love it. My one gripe is that the brakes aren't designed very well and the bike can be a bit tricky to work on. (swapping brake pads is a bi#@ch)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Canyon, I just like the looks of it.

But there seems to be a bunch of deals on p5-6's around at the moment that I'd also consider
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Giant Trinity and I love it. It looks nice, fits me, and works well for Team Sunweb.
Quote Reply