Quote | Reply
THIS is the most interesting (and useful) part about that announcement

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: TRP Releases Hydraulic TT disc brakes [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:

Btw etap and these brakes, s&s style travel bikes get a lot more interesting. That or a cervelo s5 style tt bike conversion.
Quote Reply
Re: TRP Releases Hydraulic TT disc brakes [Karl.n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great execution from TRP! much better than the SRAM design with the giant reservoir at the end of the base bar.
Last edited by: SiRcivic27: Sep 6, 17 18:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:

The dream! Now if only this was available for the Magura RT8s
Quote Reply
Re: TRP Releases Hydraulic TT disc brakes [SiRcivic27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is a nice design...
but does require round bullhorn ends and those that can be cut shorter as if you install standard. your brake reach is MASSIVELY too far forward

I have held these in hand and looked at them alot as I am designing new aerobar for next year and it is a brilliant design with a clamp that fits over the bar but does extend the hydraulics out the front ALOT more than you know from the image.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:

If the hoses of Magura brakes are the same, you could use these connectors for Magura brakes too (if separately purchasable).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are those any different to the Shimano J-Kit things that have been floating around for a while?

I was sick of looking at those ugly things dangling out front on my road bike, so I went to the effort of recabling it and removing them.

I don't see why you'd need them unless you're switching out bars all the time, it's easy enough to travel with a bike packed in a box without needing to completely disconnect the levers. The only benefit that I can see is quick assembly for shops and mechanics.
Quote Reply
Re: TRP Releases Hydraulic TT disc brakes [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The J-kit deals are one time use only. They are meant to be able to ship a bike to a bike shop with the handlebar off, the bike shop then screws the j-kit together and the bike is assembled and ready to go no bleeding necessary. Once they have been screwed together they serve no purpose other than to look ugly, add weight, and be a potential spot for a leak.

These are supposed to be reusable quick links...so you could tighten them up, and unhook them as many times as you want and not have to bleed your brakes. These would be, in my opinion, much more useful if you traveled with a hydraulically actuated brakes on your bike.
Quote Reply
Re: TRP Releases Hydraulic TT disc brakes [pyrahna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the explanation!

I didn't realise the J-Kit things were one time only, I figured if you could reuse them if you kept hold of the end cap things; I agree that they're ugly though!

I'm sure some people will find these useful, but I've never felt the need to disconnect my brakes, hydraulic or cable, to travel with my bike.
Quote Reply
Re: TRP Releases Hydraulic TT disc brakes [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They have a little tin foil seal on each end that gets popped when you screw them together. They can leak like a sieve if you undo them after popping them and hold them in the right orientation.
Quote Reply