Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: A Case for Indoor Suffering [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriowaCPA wrote:
I use two fans depending on the effort.
1) THE BEAST (for efforts that really hurt)
2) Standard fan (for easier efforts)

My indoor and outdoor watts are pretty much exactly the same, maybe 5W higher indoors because of the fans keeping me cool. I use Powertap P1 pedals, and my Neo is always within 5W.

thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: A Case for Indoor Suffering [TriBri00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
strong work. I agree 100% with the efficacy of indoor training. But you deserve a all the credit for putting in the time and suffering. The trainer is just the tool. I'm inspired to start suffering again in the bike room....

Thank you--there was a lot of miles and sweat put into the improvement. Plus a lot of early mornings crawling onto the trainer, half-asleep.

I think an important take away is that a good chunk of it was just me having "fun" -- climbing mountains/hills, chasing attacks/breaks in races, working to steal the active KOMs every time I logged in without a planned workout, etc. Zwift and my trainer made me look at training very differently this year--which had me getting on the bike every time I felt the urge to ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First off, really impressive and inspiring! Great work!

Question - Did you do all your indoor training on one bike? Several bikes? Road or Tri bike?

Also what is your age?
Last edited by: endosch2: Sep 8, 17 6:29
Quote Reply
Re: A Case for Indoor Suffering [endosch2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I did a good mix: probably 40/60 ratio of road bike to TT bike. Mostly the TT bike since I trained for Racine specifically from Jan -> July.

And I'm 26.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriowaCPA wrote:
Thanks! I did a good mix: probably 40/60 ratio of road bike to TT bike. Mostly the TT bike since I trained for Racine specifically from Jan -> July.

Any noticeable watt difference between road and tri bike with this mix?
Quote Reply

Prev Next