Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best Aquabike Courses
Quote | Reply
I'm starting to take the hint that my IT band and knee really don't like running and started looking at aquabike races next year. Truth be told, the half aquabike at the Grand Rapids tri is probably the most fun I've had racing in years.

Does anyone have any favorite aquabike races? I would prefer within a 10-12 hour drive of West Michigan, but am open to others. There don't seem to be very many of us out there and I haven't seen this discussed much. I saw an old thread from 6 years ago, but it was mainly west coast and I have no idea how many of those races are still around.

As of right now I have the Grand Rapids half in June, Miti in August, and maybe Miami in November (national championship, right? why the hell not?!)
Quote Reply
Re: Best Aquabike Courses [Toefuzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barrelman in Niagara Falls is a good Aquabike. It's a point-to-point with a little loop at the start. If the wind is right, you can have it at your back for 35+ miles. Great atmosphere and post-race entertainment.

It's now affiliated with Rev3. http://rev3tri.com/niagarafallsbarrelman/ Race date this year is Sep 17. If you're considering this year, I think there's like literally 1 spot left.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Aquabike Courses [bx3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bx3 wrote:
Barrelman in Niagara Falls is a good Aquabike. It's a point-to-point with a little loop at the start. If the wind is right, you can have it at your back for 35+ miles. Great atmosphere and post-race entertainment.

It's now affiliated with Rev3. http://rev3tri.com/niagarafallsbarrelman/ Race date this year is Sep 17. If you're considering this year, I think there's like literally 1 spot left.

But when the wind is wrong... :)

I'm in the 'more aquabikes please' camp, mostly because I'm fat. I usually end up doing relays with my wife where I do the swim and the bike and she runs.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Aquabike Courses [Toefuzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out Set Up Events in the North Carolina/South Carolina area. If I'm not mistaken, they have recently added Aquabike to all their races. It used to be just some Oly distance races & all of their 70.3 races. I think I would love to do the White Lake Half course as an Aquabike. Awesome lake and only 3 turns on the 56 mile bike course. Plus, fresh pavement on the last 19 miles of the bike. And real asphalt, too.....not that chip seal stuff.

ETA: Not sure if it meets your driving requirements, but worth a look anyway.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Last edited by: japarker24: Sep 7, 17 6:19
Quote Reply
Re: Best Aquabike Courses [bx3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny, I came here to post about Barrelman too! Highly recommend it.

If you're looking for next year, the same crew puts on the Rose City Tri: http://www.multisportcanada.com/welland/

Sprint on Saturday, half on Sunday. Well run. Flat and fast bike course. I've done it a couple of times now, always a good time (literally and figuratively)
Quote Reply