Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Promotional video production for a small company?
Quote | Reply
Hello,

My friends and I own a small scale web development company. It is a new one and is still in the early stages with only a small amount of marketing going on so far. We would like to create a Brand Promo Video to promote our company online. At first we thought about hiring professional commercial production teams like MJM Media in West Hamilton. But as we are a small company, we want to make it as least expensive as possible.
So we may try creating a video our own. We have a few people who can take decent videos and do minor editings. We would love some advice on softwares to use for edits and hardwares to do the shooting.
I have heard that some prefer using a DSLR to shoot videos than normal handycams. Is that a good idea? We have a Sony Handycam and a Canon DSLR. Which is the best device to shoot better videos?

Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Promotional video production for a small company? [JoeClark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Use the Canon as the main camera & the Sony for B roll. Make sure you shoot every clip in 1080p or HD. Personally, I shoot all work in 24fps (shutter has to be 1/50) to get a cinematic look. If your camera allows, you. could do 60fps (1/125 shutter) and slow down in post production. My default editing program is Adobe Premiere.
Quote Reply
Re: Promotional video production for a small company? [JoeClark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you want it to look pro, look into a gimbal for your DSLR and possibly a lens rental depending on what type of lens is currently on it. Or, you can just rent a whole "video package" for a day. This may seem extravagant, but it's pretty easy to tell videos that are well done vs. videos that were thrown together on the cheap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Contact your local cable access station. you likely get free use of their equipment and studios.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply