Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: JRE #1006 [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you think the response would be any different if an Apple employee did that?

Have you rid yourself of all of your Apple devices yet?

*Please note: I have defended neither Google nor the employee and no Dreamers were harmed with the typing of this post.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Sep 7, 17 12:15
Quote Reply
Re: JRE #1006 [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

*Please note: I have defended neither Google nor the employee and no Dreamers were harmed with the typing of this post.

Hard to say. Its not just the act that did it for me, it was the whole sideshow they created around this. The CEO fucking ended his family vacation to come back to the office and deal with this. They've also done other things, such as recently removing a guy from a think tank they fund because he says not so nice things about Google. Plus, Apple deals with your data in a different way, Google will monetize the hell out of your life and the data it collects.
Quote Reply
Re: JRE #1006 [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
DJRed wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
Perseus wrote:
DJRed wrote:
I was talking DACA last night with a very liberal family member who trotted out the tired, "These kids are here due to no fault of their own and are being punished for something their parents did."

I countered with, "That's exactly the way I feel about slavery. I didn't own slaves, but generations later I somehow get beat over the head with how bad I and my race are."

He countered with, "That comment shows your privilege and that deep down you are racist".

Ha! Classic. You can always tell when someone has not put thought into their world view when they insult someone rather than having a logical discussion.

What is the logical discussion that follows when someone says they are being beaten over the head for being white? Are you seriously suggesting that it was the friend who jumped off the cliff first?

Your response exactly makes my point.

I don't understand, who is beating you over the head for being white?

does anyone really believe DJ's story? Some people just like to pretend crazy shit happens to them so they have something to talk about. Probably something to do with not wanting to regurgitate the same old story that you hear on the radio. Never mind that you could possibly have had that thought first or even share it. It's just regurgitation if they happened to hear it somewhere else first.

Yes, does anyone believe me? Please say yes! Please, somebody! I need this! I need to be believed by random strangers on the interweb. Please! Someone! TimeIsUP has called me out and now I'm in big trouble.

Gotta admit I can see why a conversation like this with a family member is some "crazy shit"!

Your response to me raising the possibility that (as a white male) I could be worn down by race stuff shows you don't want to have a conversation. Instead, you assume I'm "pretending" and fabricating "crazy shit".

Nope, you don't want to hear that it's exhausting having to attend diversity training and sexism training every year because it's a thing people have had problems with in the past. Not me, mind you. Keep in mind that every role play or situation described in these things in some white guy acting a schmuck. Not me, mind you. And while I am beyond reproach in my hiring and leadership practices, I have to be trained on this every, single, year. Not because of anything I've ever done, mind you.

And then when I'm just trying to drive home from work to make it to my daughter's soccer game, the city is gridlocked because BLM is protesting and blocking the streets. Not protesting anything I've done, mind you. But, nonetheless, I'm sitting in traffic just trying to be a good father. Guess when I get home I can explain to my daughter that I missed her game because BLM was protesting and I got caught up in it because, well, deep down, daddy is a racist and he deserves it. Don't you know, our grandparents probably owned slaves.

There are people in this world who judge me purely on my gender and the color of my skin. That sucks. Yes, I know I'm white and I can't say that bothers me because blah, blah, blah...I'm just showing my privilege.

If you watched the video, the point was being made early on that there are many things we just can't talk about anymore. That's what I was reacting to

Me? If I was in BLM or trying to drum up support for DACA, I'd want to hear from those who, while they might agree with me, are actually getting alienated and polarized because they are getting lumped in with people who really are racist.

Agree with Trump's position on DACA? Racist!

Agree with Trump's position on (insert here)? Racist!

On the wrong side of bathroom politics? Hate!

Disagree with abortion? Sexist!

Get it? I didn't think so. But then that's my point.

Triggered much? Need a safe space?
Quote Reply
Re: JRE #1006 [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

I like apple products.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply

Prev Next