Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM AC 70.3 - 2017 - congrats! [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was over in the US from the UK for the 70.3 Worlds and backed it up with this race too. I thought it was great but that's probably because I had the best race of tri career there.

I won the 40-44 AG and was 4th overall. A few sketchy moments on the bike and a very lonely run, but otherwise a great event.

I didn't hang around for the slot allocation, so hope the slot rolled down to a good home!
Quote Reply
Re: IM AC 70.3 - 2017 - congrats! [uk_bloke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats!
Quote Reply
Re: IM AC 70.3 - 2017 - congrats! [ninagski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty cool highlight video from the race..... and (~4:30) you get to see Kileyay break the tape ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNJgKPKgDac
Last edited by: DDMike: Sep 21, 17 9:20
Quote Reply
Re: IM AC 70.3 - 2017 [RallySavage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
... As you can see, I'm rarely on Slowtwitch. However, to honestly answer your question via slots for worlds I'll give you 100% honesty.

As some may know, IMAC 70.3 is a licensed event, meaning WTC does not own it. We, DelMoSports, handle all aspects of this event...from creating the athlete guide, to getting permits, volunteers, answering emails and every other possible thing you can think of to execute a world class triathlon. Now, what WTC does do is assist us with resources (IM Supply trailers, etc...). IMAC 70.3 2016 had 50 slots to worlds. We thought we were getting 50 for 2017. A few weeks prior to the event we were informed we would only have 30 slots. This was after the athlete guide was sent. It's 100% my responsibility to have that information correct and I didn't. Please note: In the US, there are only 4 licensed events and WTC is constantly working on streamlining their processes to keep us, licensees informed and running smoothly. It's an evolving and getting better daily.

That's it. That's the truth. I hope all is well and all are healthy and having a great season. Hopefully, I'll see you at the races. Don't hesitate to stop and say hello or give me an earful of how to get better, either way it's something to learn from.
Quote Reply
Re: IM AC 70.3 - 2017 [delmosports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Delmo. When are you making it a full IM?
Quote Reply

Prev Next