Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Irma [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
RangerGress wrote:
Interesting that none of the computer models, NONE of the computer models, 3 days ago showed the hurricane going W of FL.

I checked the archives and the models from 3 days ago showed a 10% chance that Tampa would get hit. As Monty said, some of the models had it going west, but more had it going east so they showed that as the most likely path. If you read the NHC text discussions they clearly stated there was a high degree of uncertainty as to when it was going to turn north. The problem is when they put out their cone of uncertainty, most people associate that with how wide the storm is. The cone actually represents all the potential tracks the center of the storm might take and west Florida was always covered by the cone.
You're oriented on Tampa. I'm talking about the GA coast. The truth 48hrs ago had the hurricane coming right at us. But now, the hurricane is now more a threat to Mississippi than the GA coast.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: Irma [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got home to Panama City, FL after spending almost 3 months on the road. While it would be nice to work close to home, I'll be okay if stays clear of PC.
Quote Reply
Re: Irma [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
travelmama wrote:
windywave wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:
We're flying down to Orlando tomorrow morning and for Disney till the end of next week. My parents are driving down tonight. Worse case if it looks like we're gonna get more than wet we'll just drive back up to auburn for Sunday/Monday and head back down Tuesday.

I get with Harvey fresh on everyone's mind that people are a little on edge. However. You'd think based out my cousins and uncles reaction all of Florida will be destroyed and uninhabitable for years. No one even knows where in Florida it may hit at this points.

Disney world closed through Monday

Ain't that the truth? People are not happy.

Because they closed? Maybe they should stay open to strengthen the gene pool

Not sure who is mad? The 10 idiots who want to be outside in this crap? Epcot was basically dead today and it was perfect weather minus some rain. Hopefully Tuesday will be the same. All the hotels are doing something different but Contemporary has all its restaurants open and they will be doing kids activities and movie marathons tomorrow and monday. It looks like Disney is going to have 80mph winds max but mostly around 60s so it shouldn't be too bad.

A bunch of people from southern Florida came up for the weekend. According to the news a lot of people in Tampa are pissed since the weather channels
basically only went off the US models and not the European ones they're now rushing to evacuate.
Quote Reply
Re: Irma [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck to everyone in FLA. Hoping it's not too bad and everyone riding it out stays safe.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Irma [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My brother is just south of Orlando and they have a drinking game going where everyone has to drink when they hear "hunker down". So I had 20 or more of my friends text him "hunker down".

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: Irma [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got on the interweb after being away since early morning. I did get a call from Dad four hours ago and he told me about the change in forecast He's not too worried anymore (Juno Beach). Hope you are feeling more at peace, friend.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Irma [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm up early this morning. What a mess this is going to be. We saw this one coming in slow motion but it's just so hard to evacuate the number of people they have to move. Think of all the nursing homes that require staffing to keep going and then you have to move those people. Prayers for Florida people.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Irma [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This sucks!!!!

I'm so over the wind, rain, and noise.

Let it be over already.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nova wrote:
This sucks!!!!

I'm so over the wind, rain, and noise.

Let it be over already.
Yep. I remember Ike. Hours, and hours, and hours. Seemed endless, and nothing like your house making noises you've never heard before.

Hurricanes suck.
Quote Reply
Re: Irma [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's the sound of the wind. Woosh woosh.

And it really hasn't even started. Supposed to be worse at 8pm. 😕

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What city/town are you in?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Not sure if you noticed but the big story is not the hurricane, storm surge, lack of electricity, or flying debris. The big story is the bravery of the CNN anchors...

Quote Reply
Re: Irma [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

Not sure if you noticed but the big story is not the hurricane, storm surge, lack of electricity, or flying debris. The big story is the bravery of the CNN anchors...

MSNBC is winning. Their reporter is lashed to a building... because too many cable news reporters have blown away bravely reporting previous hurricanes. "Stay safe."

Quote Reply
Re: Irma [North] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perfect day for scuba diving.http://cbs12.com/...hurricane-conditions

Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
What city/town are you in?

Nova is around Lake Worth, per post above. East Coast, just south of West Palm Beach.

I'm afraid we're going to wake to stories, pictures, and video of destruction in South Florida. My parents are fine near West Palm Beach but their luxury condo with hurricane shutters had some water leaking in -- my dad said because some owners did not keep up their windows and storm shutters. But if that place had some problems (relatively minor), I'm guessing that many more less fortified places were hammered. And my folks were on other side of Florida from where eye hit.

Hang in there Nova.

Edit: As of now, around midnight, south of Jupiter, FL (Nova's area), is downgraded to tropical storm watch.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Last edited by: H-: Sep 10, 17 21:49
Quote Reply

Prev Next