Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tacx Neo Smart Bike
Quote | Reply
It was mentioned in the Wattbike thread but probably warrants its own thread.

I'd order one in a heartbeat if the price point gets lowered. I agree with Ray that the current anticipated price is a non-starter.

Love the ability to put on whatever bars you want. I had a Cycleops indoor cycle and I loved everything about it but the bars.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...-neo-smart-bike.html

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo Smart Bike [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From DC Rainmaker's review/first look: "Right now Tacx is estimating a price of ~2,500-3,000 Euros (or roughly $3,000-$3,500USD)."

It's not for everyone but some people might pay that much. I couldn't afford that price. Maybe 5 years from now when the price goes down and (hopefully!) my salary goes up.

I can see this being an option for households with multiple riders and or bikes(s). For example me and my girlfriend both ride road but only I have a power meter. This could give her to option throwing some bars, a saddle and pedals to get in some workouts with power a couple of times a week, specially during the winter.

I can also see someone with multiple bikes road, TT, track and even MTB being able to replicate each set up for key work outs without having to buy a power meter for each bike.

Just my two cents.
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo Smart Bike [the_thief] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd expect to see a price change. It is not scheduled for release to mid/late 2018 so lots of time to evaluate the market and adjust. With the Neo going at around $1700, and same technology, we may see closer to 3000.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone heard any more news on this thing?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Anyone heard any more news on this thing?

Looks like a November release date. It looks like a nice piece of equipment.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...and-final-specs.html

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
for home use i much prefer MY bike on my tacx neo, but the tacx bike is the perfect solution for my remote work location that i happen to have to live at sometimes. glad to see this sort of option avail finally.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Re: Tacx Neo Smart Bike [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
Competition to Peloton....right?

Those are around 2K?

not at all. this is a totally different product than the peloton bike.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally. Mine was shipped today.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I set mine up on Monday. Very impressed by the build quality. The virtual shifting/braking is interesting. You can set up pretty much any gearing combo you want.

My one and only nitpick: I replicated my road bike fit (Canyon Aeroad) as best I could. Stack, reach, saddle height, saddle offset from BB, etc. The front of my saddle is more or less even with my BB on my Aeroad. When I set up the Neo bike like that my reach ends up going beyond the max slider. I'm a smidge over 6' tall and don't ride with some crazy reach, above average probably but not an outlier position. So I had to move the seat back a couple of inches so that I wasn't at the end of the handlebar slider. So I can see someone taller than me, that rides with more reach having some issues with fit. That stated, Ray (DC Rainmaker) is about two inches taller than me and he's at about a 10 on the handlebar slider (judging from pics in his recent review) and I was at the beyond the max of 15 before moving my saddle back.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So to make the bike work, your saddle has to be -2 inches- further back than your normal position??? Isn't that pretty extreme change of position? I must be misunderstanding...
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Sep 26, 19 12:31
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo Smart Bike [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
So to make the bike work, your saddle has to be -2 inches- further back than your normal position??? Isn't that pretty extreme change of position? I must be misunderstanding...

The reach is still the same, just the saddle offset from the BB is different.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:

The reach is still the same, just the saddle offset from the BB is different.

OK, right. But isn't your position over the bottom bracket pretty important too??? You must feel like you are riding a super laid back road bike!
Quote Reply