Quote | Reply
1/3 pound bleu
1/3 pound smoked gouda
1/3 pound sharp cheddar
3-4 Tbls unsalted butter
1/3-1/2 cup white wine
1-3 cloves garlic
1/2 bunch fresh parsley

Cube the cheese and butter put in a food processor and pulse a bit til smaller bits then add the balance and process until smooth.

It's easier if you let the cheese and butter warm a bit before processing but not necessary. You can try different kinds of cheese, but this combination is the best for breath of palates that I've tried. This takes all of 5 minutes to make and you get serious street cred if hosting or bring to a party.
Quote Reply
Re: How to make F'n Cheese spread [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks amazing!

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: How to make F'n Cheese spread [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you want to not give a fuck about things like Blep go right ahead and serve cheeze whiz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a long ways away from crocs and costco jeans, my friend.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
If you want to not give a fuck about things like Blep go right ahead and serve cheeze whiz

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
1/3 pound bleu
1/3 pound smoked gouda
1/3 pound sharp cheddar
3-4 Tbls unsalted butter
1/3-1/2 cup white wine
1-3 cloves garlic
1/2 bunch fresh parsley

Cube the cheese and butter put in a food processor and pulse a bit til smaller bits then add the balance and process until smooth.

It's easier if you let the cheese and butter warm a bit before processing but not necessary. You can try different kinds of cheese, but this combination is the best for breath of palates that I've tried. This takes all of 5 minutes to make and you get serious street cred if hosting or bring to a party.

I love it!

Serious question: how do feel about adding horse radish? I've tried one with it in at the store and it's delicious.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
1/3 pound bleu
1/3 pound smoked gouda
1/3 pound sharp cheddar .. use a white cheddar
3-4 Tbls unsalted butter > use brie instead
1/3-1/2 cup white wine > dry vermouth or kirsch
1-3 cloves garlic .> dice and mix with 2T olive oil then strain oil into mix
1/2 bunch fresh parsley > use flat leaf, chop fine and press out water
pinch nutmeg
.............. pinch cayenne

sometimes
Quote Reply
Re: How to make F'n Cheese spread [triguy101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy101 wrote:
windywave wrote:
1/3 pound bleu
1/3 pound smoked gouda
1/3 pound sharp cheddar
3-4 Tbls unsalted butter
1/3-1/2 cup white wine
1-3 cloves garlic
1/2 bunch fresh parsley

I love it!

Serious question: how do feel about adding horse radish? I've tried one with it in at the store and it's delicious.

I love horseradish in most things so I'm not unbiased. You may have to tweak it a bit but I see no reason to not add any (I uses a horseradish cheddar once so didn't get a big hit of it, but it was good).
Quote Reply
Re: How to make F'n Cheese spread [mustangchef] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mustangchef wrote:
windywave wrote:
1/3 pound bleu
1/3 pound smoked gouda
1/3 pound sharp cheddar .. use a white cheddar
3-4 Tbls unsalted butter > use brie instead
1/3-1/2 cup white wine > dry vermouth or kirsch
1-3 cloves garlic .> dice and mix with 2T olive oil then strain oil into mix
1/2 bunch fresh parsley > use flat leaf, chop fine and press out water
pinch nutmeg
.............. pinch cayenne

I usually put some Crystal hot sauce in there but i like kick. I'll toss in nutmeg next time. The only difference between white and yellow cheese is annatto, no? I only use white cheddar. Why the brie? Would that make it too rich? Thoughts on white pepper being tossed in?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
white cheddar will just look better, only reason. the butter is for consistency . The brie will do the same but add more flavor.

sometimes
Quote Reply
Re: How to make F'n Cheese spread [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
I'm a long ways away from crocs and costco jeans, my friend.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply