Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sky Lands Oly Course Info
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I'm planning on doing the Sky Lands Olympic at Spruce Run state park in NJ 9/10. Anyone know of any course maps or elevation profiles? I checked the race website and they just seem to show maps for the sprint.
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Sky Lands Oly Course Info [NJ Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NJ Jim wrote:
Hi,
I'm planning on doing the Sky Lands Olympic at Spruce Run state park in NJ 9/10. Anyone know of any course maps or elevation profiles? I checked the race website and they just seem to show maps for the sprint.
Thanks

That's because the Olympic course is the same as the sprint course, only doing it (more or less) twice. Swim is just a longer out-and-back. Bike is the same, except you turn around at the park and do it again. Run is the same, except you do it twice.

Plug the bike route into something like mapmybike, and you'll see more elevation profile than you want. Hint: have you ever seen people walk their bikes in a triathlon? You will there.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Sky Lands Oly Course Info [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply, that's kind of what I thought. I went over and rode it today and did some running. That is a pretty good hill.
Quote Reply
Re: Sky Lands Oly Course Info [NJ Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NJ Jim wrote:
Thanks for the reply, that's kind of what I thought. I went over and rode it today and did some running. That is a pretty good hill.

The flip side is that the descent is a screamer. It's on a highway with an "interesting" turn in the middle. Good luck and have fun.

(I have the dubious honor of what I'm sure is the slowest winning time, by far, in the history of the Skylands triathlon)

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Sky Lands Oly Course Info [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I saw that downhill, it looks wild.
Thanks for the good wishes, looks like nice weather so far.
Quote Reply