Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Seems like a lot LR people don't like their industry jargon [jriosa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jriosa wrote:
We need to come up with some sawdust themed stupid phrases

Not really construction jargon, but still a funny video.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Last edited by: BCtriguy1: Sep 3, 17 19:43
Quote Reply
Re: Seems like a lot LR people don't like their industry jargon [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And always funnier in an Aussie accent. Good stuff

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply
Re: Seems like a lot LR people don't like their industry jargon [jriosa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jriosa wrote:
And always funnier in an Aussie accent. Good stuff

I used to volunteer at IM FL and the volunteer coordinator (friend and co-worker at the time) put me in charge of the men's change tent. There was a aussie who came in stripped down and was changing. He looked at the volunteers and said "Can any of you put some vaseline on my butt crack?" He started laughing and told us he was joking. I was disappointed as I had already pulled my latex gloves off in anticipation.
Quote Reply
Re: Seems like a lot LR people don't like their industry jargon [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Whenever someone tells me or I read in their signature line that they are a black belt in six sigma..... I have unnatural urge to throat punch them.

I always picture dilbert with his tie worn as a sweatband when I hear about those people. In my brief stint in the regular corporate world, I found "six sigma" meant more paperwork with less people.

Sadly, all of that shit has invaded the Army and medicine over the years. Glad I retire in 19 years...

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Re: Seems like a lot LR people don't like their industry jargon [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'd contribute to this fantastic thread but i have to step into a meeting. stay well.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Seems like a lot LR people don't like their industry jargon [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not certain that there's been much traction to actually solving the jargon problem here. Further, I've observed some Considers and Continues that leadership should share with individuals in ongoing PD discussions. Pulse your people leader to folllow-up.

Now, fundamentally, this meeting failed to be successful due to a lack of leadership. We must GRPI. Establish the meeting goal. Volunteer/assign the meeting stakeholders' roles. Discuss the process in which the meeting will take place. Discuss the interpersonal relationships so we can be in alignment and have trust with our peers.

Are you tracking with me on this? If you need more time, that's okay! Problem solve a little individually and then ping me on Jabber. Also, don't forget to post to your Yammer sub-groups when we've identified some of the Big Y's for this problem and our CTQs for resolution!!!

Last, beyond this challenge, we need to get some line of sight to what we engage next. How are the KPIs trending?

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: Seems like a lot LR people don't like their industry jargon [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ready4Launch wrote:
I'm not certain that there's been much traction to actually solving the jargon problem here. Further, I've observed some Considers and Continues that leadership should share with individuals in ongoing PD discussions. Pulse your people leader to folllow-up.

Now, fundamentally, this meeting failed to be successful due to a lack of leadership. We must GRPI. Establish the meeting goal. Volunteer/assign the meeting stakeholders' roles. Discuss the process in which the meeting will take place. Discuss the interpersonal relationships so we can be in alignment and have trust with our peers.

Are you tracking with me on this? If you need more time, that's okay! Problem solve a little individually and then ping me on Jabber. Also, don't forget to post to your Yammer sub-groups when we've identified some of the Big Y's for this problem and our CTQs for resolution!!!

Last, beyond this challenge, we need to get some line of sight to what we engage next. How are the KPIs trending?

I really appreciate the holistic approach. I feel like we are creating a win-win situation for all stakeholders.

drn92
Quote Reply
Re: Seems like a lot LR people don't like their industry jargon [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ready4Launch wrote:

This just cost me about 10 IQ points, and those are points I can't afford to lose these days. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Seems like a lot LR people don't like their industry jargon [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had a late afternoon meeting and we had to table some ideas because we ran out of time.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Had a late afternoon meeting and we had to table some ideas because we ran out of time.

Like Mr. Ken said earlier in this thread, "parking lot." ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply

Prev Next