Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training Plan for full distance
Quote | Reply
I'm looking to do a full IM next year and was wondering if any can recommend some training plans or sites other than training peaks to find some. Thanks for your help.
Quote Reply
Re: Training Plan for full distance [MetalMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MetalMan wrote:
I'm looking to do a full IM next year and was wondering if any can recommend some training plans or sites other than training peaks to find some. Thanks for your help.

For my very first IM, I used a book called "Be Iron Fit" as guidance. Several friends have as well. Very inexpensive and it was a big help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TrainerRoad.. they have a full IM plan that includes swim and run workouts. I have only used TR for cycling workouts, if you are looking to finish than this is probably an economical way to achieve that. If your looking to post a time, hire a coach.

Ask me how much I love my Kiwami LD Aero Trisuit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MetalMan wrote:

Interesting question since I was just talking to a gal about this yesterday.

She is racing a half IM in a week and has been using a coach for the workouts. She was feeling guilty when she was not doing all the workouts the coach had given her. So was complaining she did not like the long bike rides, which were only like 3 hours.

I commented to her I had just completed a 3/4 IM race with the LC tri at Penticton worlds. I stated I did this with zero long bikes or runs this year. Just lots of Olypmic distance training. I did 1.5 hours max bikes on the trainer, and 1.5 max LSD runs 3 days a week in the hills.

I commented that if one just wants to finish and IM, 99% of the folks can just do it with whatever training they can fit it. It does NOT have to be the plans most coaches provide which make the training a total Type A activity and take so much time away from family. Now folks trying to get to Kona, even genetics are not enough, one still needs to put in the correct long training.

So seems the first question folks need to really ask themselves is what are they trying to achieve. When this gal said she just wanted to finish, do the best she could, then stated she wanted to be "competitive", I offered back you cannot do these all at the same time and they try to say your family is first priority.

There is a reason IM is known as a marriage killer.

So you can make your whole life be training for an IM, or you can just train as much as you can, but still make your family the first priority, and finish any IM. It is not that hard, even though you might walk a good amount of the run, but so what. I walk every aid station getting food. Is this really bad?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out The Training Plan Source - Powered By IREP Athletics LLC
www.TheTrainingPlanSource.com and our Triathlon Page is - https://www.thetrainingplansource.com/triathlon

I attached the overview of our Full Plan for your review. Our plans are not just cookie cutter Plain Jane plans. All our training plans are delivered via Training Peaks they have detailed exercise prescription and rationale, User Guides for Training Plan use and zone configuration, workouts are exportable for use with other 3rd parties (KickR, Trainer Road, Zwift etc...) and we have videos for exercises and drills built right into the workout.

Email me coach@TheTrainingPlanSource.com and I will help you get into the right plan for your needs

Best in Health,

Scott Proscia, BS ATC M.Ed ACSM-CPT
Head Performance Coach
Email - scott@irepathletics.com
IREP Athletics LLC / The Training Plan Source
http://www.TheTrainingPlanSource.com / www.irepathletics.com

Dynamic Athlete ProgrammingVIP Endurance Racing | Like us on Facebook Get Your Training Plan Here
Quote Reply