Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cyclist Killed in Oceanside, CA
Quote | Reply
Oceanside Bicyclist Fatally Struck by Car in Bike Lane
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/...-Lane-442527383.html

I didn't know Paul, but a quick search showed him to be an avid and passionate cyclist for many, many years. Thoughts and prayers to his family. Stay safe out there.
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclist Killed in Oceanside, CA [scooter58] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
driver sounds like a real gem....
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclist Killed in Oceanside, CA [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.osidenews.com/tag/paul-cornish/

Another link. This sounds exactly what a driver just did to me last week, but I was fortunate enough to avoid a serious collision. The driver took off from the scene and I called in her license plate so the police could go to her house and find her.

2018 Races: IM Santa Rosa, Vineman Monte Rio, Lake Tahoe 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclist Killed in Oceanside, CA [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Driver is a serious bad actor.
The comment about a stolen car reported after the fact to me sounds like a buddy throwing him under the bus. I would wager he was allowed to use the car, but after the incident; the car owner claims it it is stolen.
Sad to hear of a fellow rider getting killed just riding in the middle of the day.
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclist Killed in Oceanside, CA [scooter58] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. I ride this stretch of road almost every weekend and generally feel safe due to the wide shoulders. All it takes is a moment of inattention...
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclist Killed in Oceanside, CA [Ken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ken wrote:
Wow. I ride this stretch of road almost every weekend and generally feel safe due to the wide shoulders. All it takes is a moment of inattention...
Friend of mine was hit on a shoulder/bike lane as wide as a regular traffic lane by a distracted mom in a minivan full of kids. He got pretty bad soft tissue injuries (torn muscle) and quit the sport.
Quote Reply