Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

If Ever Someone Was Born to Murder it Was This Fellow
Quote | Reply
I don't know if he's mentally ill or not (he sure seems -- and looks -- that way to me), or if that even matters -- because you can be "insane" and still understand the import of what you're doing, at least in the eyes of the law and when it comes to committing murder -- but if ever someone was born to (eventually) kill, it was this gentleman. That he killed his own aunt and uncle makes it even worse:

"Warren Police Commissioner William Dwyer said authorities arrested 37-year-old Joseph Lawrence Borowiak, of Warren, late Friday evening at Buddy’s Pizza in Detroit. He had been recognized from online news reports, he added.

Police earlier Friday had released Borowiak’s name and photograph, saying he was wanted as a ‘person of interest’ in the killings of Steven Collins, 67, and his wife, Cynthia, 66. The pair had been found dead in their home in the 23800 block of Panama."

Nephew arrested in Warren double homicide

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: If Ever Someone Was Born to Murder it Was This Fellow [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn that is a creepy looking dude.

There was a guy that could be his twin in my store twice this week that wanted to have long talks about his cat. People are weird. Especially cat-dudes.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: If Ever Someone Was Born to Murder it Was This Fellow [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: If Ever Someone Was Born to Murder it Was This Fellow [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have more hair in that pic than I pictured in my mind.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: If Ever Someone Was Born to Murder it Was This Fellow [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He looks like the typical trash I see riding a beater bike (with stolen components) with a trailer hitched while collecting recyclable items heading back to the campsites.

Quote | Reply
I'm going with mental problems. Exhibit A:

Quote Reply
Re: If Ever Someone Was Born to Murder it Was This Fellow [travelmama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
travelmama wrote:
He looks like the typical trash I see riding a beater bike (with stolen components) with a trailer hitched while collecting recyclable items heading back to the campsites.

Oh, we have a ton of those around these here parts, believe me. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sad situation and he sounds like an incredibly disturbed, mentally ill individual, but I have to ask...what about this makes you think he was someone "born to murder?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If Tim McVeigh and Kid rock had a baby.
Quote Reply
Re: If Ever Someone Was Born to Murder it Was This Fellow [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Sad situation and he sounds like an incredibly disturbed, mentally ill individual, but I have to ask...what about this makes you think he was someone "born to murder?"

Fate, kismet, the circle...whatever. Just looking at him, one would say in retrospect, and in a Truman Capote literary sense, that he was murder-death-kill waiting to happen.

Being serious for a moment, going by what the article said about his Fecalbook posts, there's got to be some sort of schizophrenia or similar mental health issue with him, though I'm not saying -- yet -- that he didn't know what he was doing when he murdered his aunt and uncle. It's a sad story all around.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Select the right photo and we all look like we were born to be serial killers.

big kahuna wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

Fate, kismet, the circle...whatever. Just looking at him, one would say in retrospect, and in a Truman Capote literary sense, that he was murder-death-kill waiting to happen.
Quote Reply
Re: If Ever Someone Was Born to Murder it Was This Fellow [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Select the right photo and we all look like we were born to be serial killers.

big kahuna wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

My wife would agree with you. :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Remember Ernest T. Bass? We have a guy that hides under a bridge in town and throws rocks at cars. He's taken out at least a dozen windows. You can call the cops and they don't even bother to show up because they know he's long gone. Definitely nuts, but because he hasn't killed anyone yet he's tolerated. Queue the Andy Griffith song....

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: If Ever Someone Was Born to Murder it Was This Fellow [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
Remember Ernest T. Bass? We have a guy that hides under a bridge in town and throws rocks at cars. He's taken out at least a dozen windows. You can call the cops and they don't even bother to show up because they know he's long gone. Definitely nuts, but because he hasn't killed anyone yet he's tolerated. Queue the Andy Griffith song....

Blame the deinstitutionalization movement of the early 1970s for this. Now the pendulum has swung completely the other way and none of these folks are being institutionalized, even if only for their own good, let alone the protection of the broader community.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
jkca1 wrote:

Blame the deinstitutionalization movement of the early 1970s for this. Now the pendulum has swung completely the other way and none of these folks are being institutionalized, even if only for their own good, let alone the protection of the broader community.

+1.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply