Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who is luckier than Brock Osweiler?
Quote | Reply
Damn, talk about winning the lottery:

"The Cleveland Browns released Brock Osweiler on Friday, a source confirmed to ESPN's Adam Schefter, one day before they had to trim their roster to 53 players.

"The Browns acquired Osweiler in a March trade that also sent Houston's second-round pick in the 2018 draft to Cleveland. The Browns basically accepted Osweiler's guaranteed $16 million salary to get the draft pick. But when they could not find a solution to the quarterback position other than the draft, they kept Osweiler through the preseason.

He started two games in the preseason, but did not play well, averaging 3 yards on 22 attempts."

I believe that anyone in this forum could do just as awful. Where do we sign up?

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Who is luckier than Brock Osweiler? [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who's luckier than Brock Osweiler? The Denver Broncos. The only thing better than getting paid to do nothing is being the organization that almost wrote those checks.

Is a second round draft pick really worth $16m? It seems like you could pick up some solid free agents for a lot less but with over $60m in cap space do the Browns even care about winning?
Quote Reply
Re: Who is luckier than Brock Osweiler? [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He just got re-signed by the Broncos to be their backup to Siemian. At the veteran minimum of $775K, the Browns are on the hook for the rest of the $17M.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is luckier than Brock Osweiler? [nosmo king] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nosmo king wrote:
He just got re-signed by the Broncos to be their backup to Siemian. At the veteran minimum of $775K, the Browns are on the hook for the rest of the $17M.

Damn. He's still playing and making $$$.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought Sloter had shown the ability to be the backup until Lynch came back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's "Premium Crappy"

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nosmo king wrote:

That is hilarious.

As the the Q in the subject line, I'm not sure. Seems that Osweiler might even be luckier than Bobby Bonilla.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nosmo king wrote:
I thought Sloter had shown the ability to be the backup until Lynch came back.

Slower was playing against 3rd strings and was just keeping up with them. Playing against first strings he would have got annihilated. Not that he couldn't play that speed in the future but he's definitely not there right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
Damn, talk about winning the lottery:

"The Cleveland Browns released Brock Osweiler on Friday, a source confirmed to ESPN's Adam Schefter, one day before they had to trim their roster to 53 players.

"The Browns acquired Osweiler in a March trade that also sent Houston's second-round pick in the 2018 draft to Cleveland. The Browns basically accepted Osweiler's guaranteed $16 million salary to get the draft pick. But when they could not find a solution to the quarterback position other than the draft, they kept Osweiler through the preseason.

He started two games in the preseason, but did not play well, averaging 3 yards on 22 attempts."

I believe that anyone in this forum could do just as awful. Where do we sign up?

If they're still looking, I hear Kaepernick is still available. Best quarterback in the league . . . or so I hear.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Re: Who is luckier than Brock Osweiler? [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
nosmo king wrote:

That is hilarious.

As the the Q in the subject line, I'm not sure. Seems that Osweiler might even be luckier than Bobby Bonilla.

Dang, thought this would be the obvious first post. Congrats.

x2 for Bobby Bonilla
Quote Reply
Re: Who is luckier than Brock Osweiler? [Danno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Danno wrote:
If they're still looking, I hear Kaepernick is still available. Best quarterback in the league . . . or so I hear.

don't be silly. heck, osweiler throws almost as many TDs as he does INTs. osweiler is clearly better than kap. ask any owner.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Who is luckier than Brock Osweiler? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Danno wrote:

don't be silly. heck, osweiler throws almost as many TDs as he does INTs. osweiler is clearly better than kap. ask any owner.

He's played in Mike McCoys system before so he'll be ready day one. He was brought in as a back up QB, and he fits into the pocket passer system that's in place. He's getting paid league minimum by the Broncos. So...racism!
Quote Reply
Re: Who is luckier than Brock Osweiler? [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Danno wrote:

He's played in Mike McCoys system before so he'll be ready day one. He was brought in as a back up QB, and he fits into the pocket passer system that's in place. He's getting paid league minimum by the Broncos. So...racism!

he's ready on day-one to do what?

just fyi, you ought to look at the percentage of passes kaepernick threw while in the pocket last year. there is a silly notion in the league that if you are mobile, and if you have speed, and if you can run, that means you're not capable of playing in a system designed for immobile quarterbacks. it took the league one year to figure out kap's "mobility", and he's been a pocket QB ever since. he's actually a better pocket passer than he is a rollout passer. his problem last year was the same problem gabbert had last year: no protection, no receivers.

his passing stats are better than half the existing backups and a quarter of the existing starters. and they're certainly better than osweiler's, who is "ready on day-one" to manufacture INTs.

where i do agree with you is this: osweiler came at the right price.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Who is luckier than Brock Osweiler? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
he's ready on day-one to do what?

To fill in the starting QB goes down. He has previously played for this offensive coordinator in this system so if Trevor Siemian were to get hurt, which he does a lot, he would be ready to fill in. I don't think anyone believes Brock is anything more than a back up. Rumor was Baltimore offered Kap a back up job and turned it down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As soon as the Clowns picked up Osweiler it was assumed they were merely buying a second round pick.

Apparently we have about 2x the number of picks in next year;s draft as compared to most teams.

I hope Joe Thomas can hang on long enough for this to pay off.

I think we are finally starting to make better picks.
Quote Reply