Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Two Dudes Want to do an All-Female Remake of Lord of the Flies. Shitshow Ensues.
Quote | Reply
Can't nobody get it right no more:

https://www.nbcnews.com/...dia-backlash-n797861

The spectrum of responses is, essentially: "Oh great, more women in Hollywood!", "Men can't do a movie about women!," and "No! Women are non-violent and that book is about toxic systemic masculinity!"

War is god
Last edited by: Crank: Sep 1, 17 10:51
Quote Reply
Re: Two Dudes Want to do an All-Female Remake of Lord of the Flies. Shitshow Ensues. [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it would be interesting to see how this played out. I kind of agree with not having it done by 2 guys. I'm not saying a guy can't write it but there should be female input. I also believe you would get a lot of the same results the boys did when it applies to girls. If one girl called another piggy, you don't think there would be a cat fight of epic proportions.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Two Dudes Want to do an All-Female Remake of Lord of the Flies. Shitshow Ensues. [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
I also believe you would get a lot of the same results the boys did when it applies to girls. If one girl called another piggy, you don't think there would be a cat fight of epic proportions.

Sexist pig(gy).

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Two Dudes Want to do an All-Female Remake of Lord of the Flies. Shitshow Ensues. [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If they are going to do in original spirit they will have to do topless. And all the actors will have to be over 18. Because you cannot do topless unless they are over 18.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
Can't nobody get it right no more:

https://www.nbcnews.com/...dia-backlash-n797861

The spectrum of responses is, essentially: "Oh great, more women in Hollywood!", "Men can't do a movie about women!," and "No! Women are non-violent and that book is about toxic systemic masculinity!"

Leaving aside all that critical theory nonsense, just who was clamoring for an all-female remake of LOTF? The same folks who were clamoring for "Lady Ghostbusters" or "Lady Ocean's 11"? How did that work out for L.G., at least in terms of domestic box office (considering how much the movie cost to make, publicize and distribute)?

LOTF, at this point, is practically a boutique reading experience and undertaken mostly by the intelligentsia, it seems to me. Unless the movie's producers follow Mr. Len's dictates for movie success to the letter I see it being both a crashing bore and a crushing failure at the box office.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Last edited by: big kahuna: Sep 1, 17 14:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's stupid to remake movies, especially classic movies, with an all female cast. At least use an original idea so the all female cast doesn't look like a cheap trick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I take issue with that nonsense. I don't think you can critize the work until it's completed and see how those "toxic" issues are portrayed by the screen writers with an all female cast. PLus, it would be interesting to see how males interpreted the novel with gender in mind. Why can't males comment on female actions and response-they sure do here in the LR. It's refreshing and sometimes down right funny to see how men see us.

Gerry Goffin wrote all those great songs-from a woman's point of view. There was a recent novel that everyone thought was written by a woman but it turned out to be a guy-some people have that insight. Perhaps it's too harsh for some-too close to the truth.
Quote Reply
Re: Two Dudes Want to do an All-Female Remake of Lord of the Flies. Shitshow Ensues. [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
It's stupid to remake movies, especially classic movies, with an all female cast. At least use an original idea so the all female cast doesn't look like a cheap trick.

The movie SUCKED, the book was riveting.
Quote Reply
Re: Two Dudes Want to do an All-Female Remake of Lord of the Flies. Shitshow Ensues. [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
Perseus wrote:

The movie SUCKED, the book was riveting.

I saw part of the movie on tv as a kid and it was disturbing. I'll never forget how shocked I was they pushed that rock on piggy. I read the book as an adult and really liked it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jack Nicholson's character from As Good as it Gets should write the book/screenplay

"Jackie: How do you write women so well?
Melvin Udall: I think of a man. And I take away reason and accountability"

Quote | Reply
All female remake of Stripes... ?

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Two Dudes Want to do an All-Female Remake of Lord of the Flies. Shitshow Ensues. [realAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only if they're all naked.
Quote Reply
Re: Two Dudes Want to do an All-Female Remake of Lord of the Flies. Shitshow Ensues. [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stillman !!!

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Two Dudes Want to do an All-Female Remake of Lord of the Flies. Shitshow Ensues. [realAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realAB wrote:
All female remake of Stripes... ?

Point Break
Roadhouse
Deliverance...
Quote Reply