Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Why are most lawyers (high %-age) liberal? [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hahaha - your previously conceived world view has now been reinforced by your typical slanted rant. I see what you did, do you?
Quote Reply
Re: Why are most lawyers (high %-age) liberal? [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
They're not liberals, they're people pretending to be liberals.

Heck, they're probably not even true Scottmen.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Why are most lawyers (high %-age) liberal? [nc452010] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i always explain to my clients that lawyers often see things in shades of gray, not black and white.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Money, pretty simple.

Most publicly argued liberal topics complicate things: Taxes, healthcare, minimum wage, etc. When these get complicated that means more work for lawyers, a lot more work. Laws are generally pretty clear cut, but when you add these topics to law, it leaves tons of room for bending, finding issues and loopholes.

Perfect example is the Affordable Care Act. If everyone's favorite employment lawyer, JSA, dedicated his whole firm to guiding business client's through the employer mandate, he wouldn't know what to do with all of the billable hours he would accrue since the law is so complicated and unclear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would say of those I have worked with, 90% would call themselves Independent. There are bad lawyers out there and there are good ones. The problem is the bottom feeding bad ones get all the publicity.

That said, Law has changed. I would love to see Tort reform which forces lawyers and their clients to pay up when they bring bogus lawsuits. We have a suit going on around here in which a non-local lawyer and his second homeowner, non-resident clients are trying to block a business from opening. The owner of the property, a young woman has bent to their every wish in an attempt to pacify the group. The local government has approved her plan. Now they file a lawsuit blocking her from building because in her original plan she included the possibly of having camping on-site. She took the camping plan out months ago. The suit is an attempt to force her to spend more on legal fees in the hopes of bankrupting her. They have no case. These type of lawyers, and lawsuits are what gives the profession a bad name.

nc452010 wrote:
You go to school and receive a degree in the law. You pass the Bar Exam.....which is based on the law.

Then, you go into your profession trying to bend the very thing you've sworn to serve?????????????

I honestly don't get it.
Quote Reply
Re: Why are most lawyers (high %-age) liberal? [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
They're not liberals, they're people pretending to be liberals.

Heck, they're probably not even true Scottmen.

Well played!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
Liberal donates money to charity.

Conservative asks, "Well, what't in it for him?"

The liberal says that he genuinely wants others to have better lives.

Conservative's selfish brain cannot process that and then begins looking for evidence that said liberal is really a hypocrite. AHAH! Found something! Previously conceived world view has now been reinforced.

Liberal's donate money? Where? Liberal's are the cheapest people I know. They talk a really good talk, but they expect the government to bail people out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:

Conservative's selfish brain cannot process that and then begins looking for evidence that said liberal is really a hypocrite. AHAH! Found something! Previously conceived world view has now been reinforced.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Why are most lawyers (high %-age) liberal? [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Liberals think that taxes are donations to the poor. Keep up buddy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:

You understand that you can not produce empirical evidence that supports your supposition correct? And before you get all wound up, articles in liberal rags don't count as research.
Quote Reply
Re: Why are most lawyers (high %-age) liberal? [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwbeuk wrote:
BarryP wrote:

Liberal's donate money? Where? Liberal's are the cheapest people I know. They talk a really good talk, but they expect the government to bail people out.

Liberals are great at 'donating' other people's money.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply

Prev Next