Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What to do while in Boulder
Quote | Reply
Im flying to boulder for work Sept 18-20th and took 2 days "off" to get some time to do anything i want. So i am going to rent a road bike from university cycles.. but any specific routes etc i shudl hitup? anywhere i should avoid due to traffic concerns etc?

any shops that have a really nice road bike retnal fleet?

i asked to reserve a Tarmac ETap in my size (52) but would love if i could put a powermeter on it
Quote Reply
Re: What to do while in Boulder [Viper966] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much altitude do you want? I'd say ride up left hand canyon, towards Ward. Take a rest at Ward and continue on up to Brainard Lake. That'll get you to 10,000 feet. https://www.strava.com/activities/1125435674

In town, ride up Flagstaff for a short scenic climb. I can ride with you if you want.

There's so many bike shops in the area, you may have to call around to get the rental you want. Try this one.

http://www.ubikes.com/

Quote Reply
Re: What to do while in Boulder [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
u bikes is where i booked my rental from

i have rev 3 barrelman on sunday the 17th, and a fligt monday morning a 5am... so tuesday should be funnto see how my legs are, also im from buffalo ny, so riding in altitude should be fun...

looking to do around 30-40 miles of scenic riding, not much looking for an all out sufferfest, but if the two combine, i can give it a shot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Viper966 wrote:
took 2 days "off" to get some time to do anything i want.
Upslope Brewing
Mountain Sun Pub and Brewery

I mean, you can't ride the entire time, right?

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
underrated free thing would be to check out the museum at The Pro's Closet
Last edited by: Tim_Canterbury: Aug 31, 17 9:51
Quote Reply
Re: What to do while in Boulder [Runner Rick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh, this was already on the list, bringing an empty bag to take beer home in lol... barrelmN is my last race of the season, time to get fat!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eat breakfast/brunch at The Buff. Be prepared to wait, definitely worth it.
Quote Reply
Re: What to do while in Boulder [Bandade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THIS. SO MUCH THIS. I was in Boulder a month ago and this was the first place someone suggested. It's fantastic.

Also, Flagstaff repeats. Go early because the road gets busy and the descent gets sketchy.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Smoke some weed.
Quote Reply