Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Just an FYI try to avoid breaking your ribs... [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I fully broke 3 ribs and damaged 4 others mountain biking back in '14. It was terrible. It was right under my pec, so any movement that used that muscle hurt like hell. Lifting or pushing anything was agony and anything like sneezing or hiccups was hell on earth.

As far as recovery, it took me 2.5 months to be 100%. I was riding within a week or two, but very slowly. I went to a physio who did some gentle massage and stretches that did wonders. I could move and breathe deeply almost immediately after each session.
Quote Reply
Re: Just an FYI try to avoid breaking your ribs... [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did 'something' to my ribs on my lower left side about five weeks ago. Originally diagnosed as torn intercostal muscles. For some reason the doc didn't take x-rays. I've torn intercostals before and this felt different. I've also broken ribs before. I wasn't recovering well and went to another doc today to have it checked again. He did x-rays and an ultrasound. Two broken ribs. I think it was ribs 10 and 11.

Not that it changes anything in regards to healing and recovery but a proper diagnosis would have been nice five weeks ago.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Just an FYI try to avoid breaking your ribs... [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My father is a doctor. He always talks about lifetime dosage of xray and its risks. He cautions against indiscriminate use of chest xray because of the large dose imparted. So, the question becomes how will treatment be altered as a result of the information gained.

As you said, none at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Just an FYI try to avoid breaking your ribs... [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The main reason the doctor did mine was due to the amount of pain I was in and the way I hurt them. She was concerned I punctured something.
Quote Reply

Prev Next