Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Mountain bike help! [summitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks like a great deal. The web site says it can't ship to my country, USA. Did you have any issues getting the bikes shipped to you?
Quote Reply
Re: Mountain bike help! [tsdogma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I lived and raced in CO for the last 10 years - Xterra's are maybe my favorite type of event, and I did a ton on MTB races as well.

My group of middle-aged semi-serious racers all rode similar bikes. Carbon FS bikes with 100-120mm travel on 29 inch rims and 1 or 2x drivetrains. These worked great on local trails as well as some of the endurance races like Baily Hundo and Leadville 100. On occasion we would head to Moab and these handled the majority of the terrain out there, but I also loved to rent a burly 160mm travel bike and let it rip a little more. I think my favorite in this category was the Pivot Mach 4 Trail. Light enough to climb at FOP but a little bit of enduro design to help you down the gnarly bits

Most of us ended up on carbon rims also - my ICAN Chinese wheels held up to 3 seasons of pretty good riding (and still going strong), my dentist buddy spun around on gold CK hubs and ENVE rims, but rims are always a nice upgrade in the future.

The great thing in the Denver/Boulder area is Craig's List - there are 100 high-end bikes for sale at any time. if you are looking for a deal, that is a a great place to start.

The guys on the podium rode a lot of hardtails or minimal travel FS like the Scalpel.

" I take my gear out of my car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of of their lives shocks me. "
(opening lines from Tim Krabbe's The Rider , 1978
Quote Reply

Prev Next