Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wait! I thought you wore Wigwams!
Quote | Reply
I put up a second sock poll, because there were too many people clicking "other". we're down from 18 percent other to 11 percent (good) but most of you on the earlier thread said it's wigwams you're cycling in, and i don't see anybody choosing wigwam. i do see some balegas, but no wigwams or smartwools.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Wait! I thought you wore Wigwams! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I picked my under armor...don't blame me!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, I voted again

---------------------------------------------
Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding it hurts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I picked don't care as I just buy whatever is on closeout or on sale. Usually the Performance Bike brand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got home and voted Wigwam :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I voted don't care.

Often ride sockless, certainly race sockless. When I do put on socks they are drymax ultra thin running socks because that's what's at the top of the drawer. I think I have two or three pairs of "cycling socks" but really. What make them cycling socks? Any thin socks with low profile (to avoid getting caught in the chain) work just fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swiftwick Aspires in 4". Comfortable, thin, don't blister regardless of what I'm doing in them, and hold up to repeated washings.

I haven't seen the brand name Wigwam since I left City Sports...which was 8 years ago as of Monday.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Wait! I thought you wore Wigwams! [Lucky489] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lucky489 wrote:
I picked don't care as I just buy whatever is on closeout or on sale. Usually the Performance Bike brand.

This is exactly what I do, and it works beautifully. The sock is not exactly a critical interface to a cycling a shoe by any means. There is no rocket science involved in sock design, and materials and construction is quite similar among the manufacturers. I used to look a little harder at socks for cold weather riding however, I now spend winters in Florida so cold weather riding is a thing of the past.
Quote Reply