Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Evergreen college update
Quote | Reply
http://mynorthwest.com/...ow=comments#comments

Seems the actions of the protestors have had consequences. Out of state enrollment is dropping and layoffs are eminent.

Unfortunately I am not surprised that in state enrollment appears to be unaffected,
Quote Reply
Re: Evergreen college update [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do we know what the outcome with the professor was?

That place is pretty fucked up btw.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Evergreen college update [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Do we know what the outcome with the professor was?

That place is pretty fucked up btw.

IDK if he still works there but he is suing for 3.8 MM

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:
http://mynorthwest.com/735822/evergreen-college-layoffs-after-protests/?show=comments#comments

Seems the actions of the protestors have had consequences. Out of state enrollment is dropping and layoffs are eminent.

Unfortunately I am not surprised that in state enrollment appears to be unaffected,

Well, you can wreck your university trying to make far-left activists happy, but the problem is they'll never be happy because they don't want to be happy.

So what has the university gained for its attempt to accommodate the far-leftists who created this problem? Nothing but trouble. There's a lesson in there for college administrators and overly ideological faculty members, but I doubt they'll learn it.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The school is laying off "facilities staff," which I read to mean low paid and probably un-unionized laborers. Not exactly the result the students probably had in mind.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Evergreen college update [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
The school is laying off "facilities staff," which I read to mean low paid and probably un-unionized laborers. Not exactly the result the students probably had in mind.

The president of Evergreen State College, George Bridges, is paid a $301,100 annual salary as of 2016, according to the fiscal.wa.gov website. I'm sure there are a number of other highly paid administrators at the school who can afford to give up a little of their cheese "for the cause." ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:
http://mynorthwest.com/735822/evergreen-college-layoffs-after-protests/?show=comments#comments

"But the problem is nearly all of the students they lost are nonresidents".

Locals can't afford to go somewhere else or do they agree with the progressive students? That's a question that needs answering. They don't make journalists like they used too.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After what I saw I don't understand how enrollment isn't down 90% instead of a measly 5%.

But what do I know, Evergreen graduates are probably welcomed at places like Google and of course most government jobs.
Quote Reply
Re: Evergreen college update [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Well, you can wreck your university trying to make far-left activists happy, but the problem is they'll never be happy because they don't want to be happy.

So what has the university gained for its attempt to accommodate the far-leftists who created this problem? Nothing but trouble. There's a lesson in there for college administrators and overly ideological faculty members, but I doubt they'll learn it.

That reminds me of something a coworker said about another co-worker who kept going back to a girl who drove him crazy. He said "Jack's not happy unless he is miserable".
Quote Reply