Just kidding ;-)

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Yet Another Navy Destroyer Collision [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
https://www.duffelblog.com/...20downtown%20Houston

Just kidding ;-)

Yeah, Duffel Blog's been all over it. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Yet Another Navy Destroyer Collision [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This might be the "thing" I miss most my time in the Marine Corps. Someone would always tell the most cringe-worthy, distasteful joke at the most inappropriate time, and yet everyone approved and then moved on dealing with the most unimaginable horrors or highest stressful situations.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Yet Another Navy Destroyer Collision [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
This might be the "thing" I miss most my time in the Marine Corps. Someone would always tell the most cringe-worthy, distasteful joke at the most inappropriate time, and yet everyone approved and then moved on dealing with the most unimaginable horrors or highest stressful situations.

That was posted on Facebook in the Goat Locker a few days ago. Several people lost their shit over it and it was pulled, either by the author or the moderator, not sure which. All it showed me was the days we remember are gone in the modern military.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Yet Another Navy Destroyer Collision [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They sent it out to combat the fire ant floating colonies

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Yet Another Navy Destroyer Collision [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
They sent it out to combat the fire ant floating colonies

😂😂😂

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Yet Another Navy Destroyer Collision [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
mck414 wrote:

That was posted on Facebook in the Goat Locker a few days ago. Several people lost their shit over it and it was pulled, either by the author or the moderator, not sure which. All it showed me was the days we remember are gone in the modern military.

What is happening when a bunch of Chiefs can't laugh without someone getting butt hurt. I like the link to the USS TED KENNEDY Collision

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Yet Another Navy Destroyer Collision [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
mck414 wrote:

It's a different military nowadays, though I don't mean to imply that it's a worse military. Humor such as Duffel Blog's used to be a way of hardening one's self to the tragedy or horror that had befallen shipmates, Sailors and Marines both. I heard some really bad stuff not long after the Beirut barracks bombing from both Marines and Sailors, for instance, as well as within a day after the Challenger space shuttle disaster. Now I guess we're supposed to be more in touch with our feelings and to be more solicitous of others' feelings, too.

Like I said: not worse, just different.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Yet Another Navy Destroyer Collision [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Like I said: not worse, just different.

What a fucking pussy you've become!
Quote Reply
Re: Yet Another Navy Destroyer Collision [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote: