Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Michael Vick to Fox NFL news [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
Quote:
Let's ignore for a minute that he is a horrible, horrible human being. He has never impressed my as someone with any semblance of deep insight into the game. So why on earth would I want to listen to him in the first place?

That's more or less my opinion.

Pretty much. I can't think what he brings to the table that would make me want to watch.

Just because he has served his time doesn't mean he has become a different person. Ex-cons have trouble getting jobs all the time because committing felonies says something about you.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Vick to Fox NFL news [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nova wrote:
I'm in the boat that he has done his time, let him live. Some people still believe he should be shunned.

Thoughts?

Me too. I'm not excusing his behavior but I people don't understand the culture he grew up in. He didn't have a dad and was raised in government housing where he was exposed to cock fighting at age 7 and dog fighting not long after. At some point he realized it was illegal but in his culture it wasn't immoral. None of this makes his behavior acceptable but it should help people better understand why it happened, but most people would rather wish him dead than show an ounce of compassion.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Vick to Fox NFL news [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
BarryP wrote:
Quote:
Let's ignore for a minute that he is a horrible, horrible human being. He has never impressed my as someone with any semblance of deep insight into the game. So why on earth would I want to listen to him in the first place?

That's more or less my opinion.

Pretty much. I can't think what he brings to the table that would make me want to watch.

Just because he has served his time doesn't mean he has become a different person. Ex-cons have trouble getting jobs all the time because committing felonies says something about you.

I don't know. Dallas has its share of ex-cowboy ex-cons that are actually pretty good in the booth, and good on sports radio, too. I have no idea if Vick has any talent for that broadcaster job, but I wouldn't be too surprised if he's OK.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Vick to Fox NFL news [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You may be right, but personally I align those who abuse animals with child molesters - they may do their time and suffer punishment but I will never look at them without total disdain - forever. Not saying I'm right to feel this way nor am I saying it's fair to him and I do forgive/forget other crimes by top athletes, but not this one.

For me, it's just the way it is...I see him on the TV, I change the channel.
Quote Reply

Prev Next