Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Leader of Red State Capitalism? You can't even price gouge here!
Quote | Reply
Just goes to show how far even supposed freedom loving red states have to go to understand economics...

http://www.star-telegram.com/...rticle169921137.html

Market price is, literally and figuratively, social justice.
Last edited by: SH: Aug 29, 17 12:46
Quote Reply
Re: Leader of Red State Capitalism? You can't even price gouge here! [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Bada Book Bada Boom!
Quote Reply
Re: Leader of Red State Capitalism? You can't even price gouge here! [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Raising prices during increased demand creates an incentive to increase supply.

Without the ability to increase prices during periods of high demand will only create shortages. Nobody is helped when there are no products available and no incentive to get them to market.

Duh.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Leader of Red State Capitalism? You can't even price gouge here! [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Raising prices during increased demand creates an incentive to increase supply.

Without the ability to increase prices during periods of high demand will only create shortages. Nobody is helped when there are no products available and no incentive to get them to market.

Duh.
Plus, if you're really thirsty and coming into a store with your family, do you want the store to be out of water because they were selling cases for an obligatory $2.36, or would you like to actually find some water albeit at 40 times the normal price?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LA County charges me a $1600 permit fee to change out a $125 part. Literally unscrewing the bad part and screwing the new one.

Haven't seen any critical news stories about it yet.

And there isn't even a high demand for permits. In fact, I don't even want to buy a permit at all. I certainly don't need one to complete my task.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
This is an easy one: don’t take advantage of people who are vulnerable because they’re running away from a flood or affected by a hurricane

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/...7.html#storylink=cpy
In this specific case there were taking advantage of a news team from Austin, does that still count?
Quote Reply