Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Poll - Cycling Socks...am I the only one that wears Wigwam? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Compressport for both bike and run. Excellent socks in a variety of thicknesses and lengths.

In fact, all of the Compressport clothing that I have used is very well designed and well made. Pricey but you get what you pay for. This company deserves more love.

(I have no affiliation with this company and pay full retail for their products.)
Last edited by: Overdistance: Aug 30, 17 9:27
Quote Reply
Re: Poll - Cycling Socks...am I the only one that wears Wigwam? [aj```] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aj``` wrote:
I can't do UA. At least, none that I found. Just entirely too much compression. At the moment, it's Balegas for me.

When it was at its height of pain, I once took a sharpy and traced out the pattern of pain on the bottom of my foot. I managed to trace out the anatomy of the nervous system in the soles of my feet. It looked a lot like this:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/...20C477A77374FCEF.png

My dad is a doctor, and knows all the best ones in the city. I saw them all that knew anything about feet, bones, muscles, circulation, and nerves. I even saw a couple that were a little farther afield including an Endocrinologist and Rheumatologist. Interestingly, I spent a ton of time searching the internet way-back-when...I found several similar stories that felt like my own autobiography. Some of those also ended with, "after about 10 years, it just seemed to go away and life returned to a semi-normal state." I didn't really believe it then...but, here I am.

I tried the Balegas based on your reco a month or so back. I tried both the medium and the large. Very comfy, loved the plush cushioning---wish they would have worked out. But, the arch didn't work for me, still too much compression. The UA Charged Cotton (not 2.0, just the originals) have less compression that the Balegas, but less "cushion". Its not a great sock, and I don't expect that they will last very long...because it pills and sheds quite a bit.

But, hey...they've worked fine for 50 mile rides, and 11 mile runs. If I have to buy a bag-o-socks every other month for $20, so be it.

Likewise, I switched to a much larger shoe, from a 10-D to 11-4E, along with full custom orthotics (soft). All about getting a larger toe box. I also changed my lacing to allow for a loose lacing across the toe box, and tight across the instep. Again, changes designed to reduce the pressure across the width of my arch and forefoot.
Quote Reply
Re: Poll - Cycling Socks...am I the only one that wears Wigwam? [aj```] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another vote for Balegas! Best Sock!
Quote Reply
Re: Poll - Cycling Socks...am I the only one that wears Wigwam? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wear the Darn Tough socks. Not really sure there is a difference between the cycling and running, but I use them for both (When I wear socks for cycling that is)
Quote Reply
Re: Poll - Cycling Socks...am I the only one that wears Wigwam? [tyme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alrighty! new poll up. darn tough included.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i like sockguy's SGX and i'm going to get some swiftwick aspire 2 and aspire 4 in 1/4 crew to see how i like them.

Dan,

The Swiftwick Aspire series are the best most comfortable socks, in my collection. I have a few pairs of the black 7's - yes tall! :)

There is something about the weave on the Swiftwick socks - just the right amount of compression, and a hint of padding on the sole of the foot in just the right places!

I have quite a few pairs of DeFeet - they win for really pushing the wild and crazy patterns and colours that are now offered by many cycling manufacturers -, Sako-7, Sock Guy, Save Our Souls, Handlebar Mustache - I have at least one pair of all these manufacturers!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I may have overlooked that when I voted on the poll the last time. Not sure if I clicked other or DarnTough. If I clicked other and you want the results to be right you can change it on the back end.
Quote Reply
Re: Poll - Cycling Socks...am I the only one that wears Wigwam? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Poll - Cycling Socks...am I the only one that wears Wigwam? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wearing a pair right now (for daily everyday wear as well).
Quote Reply

Prev Next