Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Quintana Roo Model Choice [Bubblehead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As long as your rims are laterally stiff enough, you'll be fine. I found the pair of Boyd 60s with Conti GP4000s (both 23 and 25) that I first had on my PR6 would rub the frame when standing out of the saddle or even hard climbing efforts. The OE Reynolds Strikes, Zipp 404s and 808s, Hed Jet C2s, and a pair of Enves all worked fine. I ended up going with the Reynolds. I have a Tririg brake on the rear of my PR6 to provide clearance for a Stages power meter crankarm.

The Boyds may have needed some spoke tension adjustment, but I didn't bother to check that.

Also, on fit...I'm 5'9" and riding a 50 PR6 but could also have gone to 52 if I wanted to and didn't want to ride bleeding edge low in front. I have the stem as far forward and low on the 50 as the PR6 stem system allows. To get any lower, I'd need to swap bar systems from the OE Profile Design bars to something with a lower total stack heigh. On the other hand, with a 52 frame I'd be right in the middle of the fore/aft adjustment range of the PR6 stem. At 6'1" the 54 should be right in your wheelhouse, and both the PR5 and PR3 have standard stems, giving you much more flexibility in positioning so you can actually get a lower position with the standard PD bar setup than I can, if you need that.
Last edited by: TriBriGuy: Aug 31, 17 7:49
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo Model Choice [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBriGuy wrote:
As long as your rims are laterally stiff enough, you'll be fine. I found the pair of Boyd 60s with Conti GP4000s (both 23 and 25) that I first had on my PR6 would rub the frame when standing out of the saddle or even hard climbing efforts. The OE Reynolds Strikes, Zipp 404s and 808s, Hed Jet C2s, and a pair of Enves all worked fine. I ended up going with the Reynolds. I have a Tririg brake on the rear of my PR6 to provide clearance for a Stages power meter crankarm.

The Boyds may have needed some spoke tension adjustment, but I didn't bother to check that.

Also, on fit...I'm 5'9" and riding a 50 PR6 but could also have gone to 52 if I wanted to and didn't want to ride bleeding edge low in front. I have the stem as far forward and low on the 50 as the PR6 stem system allows. To get any lower, I'd need to swap bar systems from the OE Profile Design bars to something with a lower total stack heigh. On the other hand, with a 52 frame I'd be right in the middle of the fore/aft adjustment range of the PR6 stem. At 6'1" the 54 should be right in your wheelhouse, and both the PR5 and PR3 have standard stems, giving you much more flexibility in positioning so you can actually get a lower position with the standard PD bar setup than I can, if you need that.

Do you know your pad stack/reach on the 50? Sounds like we are both in the long and low camp and I'm curious about the size 50 limits on that end.
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo Model Choice [aavlee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll have to measure it again.

I am definitely NOT long and low. The Cervelos have always been a tough fit for me because until recently they have been really long even in the smaller sizes. I have a short torso. But because the QR is relatively tall, I need the 50 to get low enough. The 52 is better from a reach standpoint. But I'd definitely be too high on that, even with the best possible bar setup. The good news is that the QRs have a decent wheelbase and are darn stable at high speed even on a smaller frame.

The QR 50 is nearly identical frame stack/reach as my last tri bike, a 52 cm Kuota Kalibur. It's also similar to my 2003 53cm Kestrel Talon SL by the time you account for external headset on that.
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo Model Choice [Bubblehead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bubblehead wrote:
Not to Hijack the thread but Im in the same boat as well. Does anyone know if the PR3 series frames have any clearance issues with wider track FLO Rims?

We haven't heard of any fit issues with QR bike. I'd say you'll be just fine with our wheels on that frame.

Take care,

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo Model Choice [B DeVaney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there are danger of carrying the PR6 on a hitch mount that holds it by the wheels, ie Yakima Holdup? First and so far the last time I did this there seem to be a lot of movement from the bike as the wind buffered against the bike.

On fit I'm 6'2" on a 54 for a N=1 reference.
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo Model Choice [Nazgul350r] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No worries on rear racking, so long as the bike is securely fastened.
If you have a QBox installed, take a few extra seconds to release it from the mounting track and put it inside the car. Its aero properties aren't the best in 80mph crosswinds ;)

Cheers,
Brad D
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo Model Choice [B DeVaney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I realize I never provided an update with what I decided to do! After all the info from Brad and Dan, I decided on the prThree. For me, it provided the most bang for my buck and I had great customer service from their sales guy online. I was even able to get an extra 5% off the already 10% for being a USAT member! I had originally posted this before a race I was set to do in September. Upon my arrival back that weekend there was a nice box with a bright red QR waiting . I've taken it out a couple times and its night and day compared to my 18 year old road bike I had been racing on.

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Last edited by: AlyraD: Nov 16, 17 19:10
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo Model Choice [AlyraD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the CD01 with the race wheels and my husband has the PR6. We love them both! I'm seeking my CD01 soon only because I picked up a sponsor and got a new bike with better wheels and components, otherwise I would've stuck with it for a long time. My husband absolutely loves his PR6 though! QR makes great bikes.[/reply]
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo Model Choice [ktommila] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys anyone could help out here?..
Qr’s are my love at first sight and i intended to get a cd 01 but.... well too late for me...
anyways i am average joe doing 70.3’s here and there and now im in for something a lil fancier...
I am considering between pr5disc di2 or pr6 di2 disc ....when i came across plasma premiun 2018 dura ace di2 and zipps 808 and 404 but they are convetional breaks (priced at 8.8 k) ... and i really wanted disc for a numerous reasons.....
can anyone help to compare those 3????
My budget : aprox 10k
Priorities:
1 confort
2 easy to travel and live with
3 easy to set up
4 warranty
5 bang for the buck
Quote Reply

Prev Next