Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vuelta Stage 10: Back from Rest Day (wake up Teejay...)
Quote | Reply
OK, rest day is over today is a drag race to the base of a Cat3 + Cat 1 climb finishing off the day with a free fall downhill into the stage finish:

The top 8 K look like this. A bit less steep that Alpe d'Huez and a bit shorter. Looks around as hard at Les Deux Alpes where Pantani sealed the 1998 TdF after attacking Ullrich on the Galibier downhill (sorry to compare to TdF climbs, I just don't know enough of the terrain in Spain). Before this you have 5.7K at 5.7%. Nothing major but enough to wittle down things to the top 30 in the race

Hopefully Teejay has figured out his rest day issues or BMC got him to just go out and pre ride this stage so his body does not go into shutdown LOL!!! I think Contador gets his Trek team to work actively with Sky from here in. Everything both he and Froome have been saying would indicate an informal alliance give that both him and Froome want gaps to the other GC guys and Contador is not a threat to Froome in the GC (unless Froome bonks).
Quote Reply
Re: Vuelta Stage 10: Back from Rest Day (wake up Teejay...) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So which un-named sponsor pulled out, leaving the $7M dollar hole?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Vuelta Stage 10: Back from Rest Day (wake up Teejay...) [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cycling News said Unibet

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Vuelta Stage 10: Back from Rest Day (wake up Teejay...) [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:

Paging Oleg Tinkhoff....he probably needs the attention of sponsoring another pro team and messing it up!
Quote Reply
Re: Vuelta Stage 10: Back from Rest Day (wake up Teejay...) [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see that now, thanks

http://www.businessinsider.com/...void-shutdown-2017-8

Quote Reply
Re: Vuelta Stage 10: Back from Rest Day (wake up Teejay...) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
RandMart wrote:

Paging Oleg Tinkhoff....he probably needs the attention of sponsoring another pro team and messing it up!

Oh, God ... anyone but him

I saw a post on CyclingNews or Velonews, where someone was begging Phil Knight to come in, so I replied "You see where it says 'New Balance' on the sleeve? It's gonna take more than covering the $7M shortfall to turn that into a Swoosh"

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
RandMart wrote:

Oh, God ... anyone but him

I saw a post on CyclingNews or Velonews, where someone was begging Phil Knight to come in, so I replied "You see where it says 'New Balance' on the sleeve? It's gonna take more than covering the $7M shortfall to turn that into a Swoosh"

7m should be very achievable, it's really not that much but JV needs to stick to building the team and stay away from the numbers.......he's done a great job cobbling together a nice team.....weird situation
Quote Reply
Re: Vuelta Stage 10: Back from Rest Day (wake up Teejay...) [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From what I saw yesterday, the only riders on contract for 2018 [if there is a 2018] are Rigo, Taylor, Joe D, Talansky, Pierre Rolland and a couple others

I wonder if Colorado / Boulder tourism could throw in a few bucks, and cash in on Taylor's "Boulder Dude" schtick?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
From what I saw yesterday, the only riders on contract for 2018 [if there is a 2018] are Rigo, Taylor, Joe D, Talansky, Pierre Rolland and a couple others

I wonder if Colorado / Boulder tourism could throw in a few bucks, and cash in on Taylor's "Boulder Dude" schtick?

there is so much dough in Boulder and so much interest in cycling that I can't believe there isn't a company that wouldn't see an opportunity...........of course, they're going to leverage the crap out of Slipstream to do it
Quote Reply
Re: Vuelta Stage 10: Back from Rest Day (wake up Teejay...) [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
there is so much dough in Boulder and so much interest in cycling ...

I wish Robin Williams was still alive

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
indeed........
Quote Reply