Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone actually do the SBR of a trainerroad plan and comment on it?
Quote | Reply
Just curious - I saw that Trainrroad plans from sprint to IM now have fairly detailed swim-bike-run details for their triathlon plans. I haven't been on TR for 3 years now; last time I was on, they were pretty light on the swim-run recommendations, and in fact, I didn't really trust them as they didn't seem like they fit in with the bike sessions as well (I was using the HIM bike program).

If anyone has actually done most or all of a Trainerroad SBR program, meaning they've actually done the swims and runs mostly as recommended, would be interested in hearing from you how it went for you. I'm looking to mix up my training regimen in the future and I would try this as I have a very good indoor setup, if folks like it.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone actually do the SBR of a trainerroad plan and comment on it? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked at the SBR sessions, but made my own S/R sessions instead. Their plan seemed so intense that I decided to use their plans for biking and do the rest on my own. I think I could've used more guidance on swim, but running basically stayed the same with my bike getting much stronger.

I posted this in another TR forum post:

I used TrainerRoad all season for my 8th Ironman this year. I likely did a mix of the Sweet Spot base low/mid volume and Ironman low/mid volume all year for the last 8-9 months. I would use the Ironman training plan as a guide, but sub workouts depending on how I felt. I did stick closely to the speciality plan as I came closer to the race. Overall, I'm happy and did get a lot stronger on the bike this year. If it wasn't for a flat, I would've had a bike PB and get in a good position to run. I remember looking at the signs for 110, 120, 130k, etc..coming so fast and feeling good. I would've negative split for sure and felt great until flat at 165k.

Like someone else mentioned, you just get used to the longer sessions and save so much time. Some days I would substitute the 3-4 hour sessions with 2.5 hour sessions with Tempo/SS intervals (eg: 5x20min SS). You get a lot out of those sessions, save time, keep the bike clean, and get stronger. I'm not sure about the swim/run advice they provide, seems like it could work but they prescribe a LOT of hard V02 stuff for the other sports, which may be pretty tough to keep up over a long period of time.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone actually do the SBR of a trainerroad plan and comment on it? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done the SB of the TR high-volume sprint plan. I looked at the run but there was too much intensity for this injury prone runner. I swapped out a BarryP running plan for the run and I subbed out the long Sunday swim for an open water swim on Saturday. Overall I liked it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply