Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

64 Degree waters. Full sleeve, or sleeveless wetsuit?
Quote | Reply
I'm doing the half Lake Placid in 12 days, and just read that the water is 68*. It'll likely drop a few more the next 12 days. I've been swimming with my sleeveless for a while now. I can grab a ROKA for 300, full sleeve. Is it suggested? Secondly, I'm guessing that I have to get acclimated with the arm stroke being a bit more labored. Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: 64 Degree waters. Full sleeve, or sleeveless wetsuit? [Formulagod] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A properly fitting sleeved suit will not require much change in stroke mechanics nor should it annoy you while swimming in it.

If you are always thinking about the sleeved suit and how restrictive or how annoying the arms are while you are wearing it, that's not the sleeved suit for you.

Return it and try a different suit.

99/100 times a sleeved suit is faster. Look at any pro race and you at most will see 1 sleeveless wetsuit. There is a reason for that.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: 64 Degree waters. Full sleeve, or sleeveless wetsuit? [Formulagod] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends on how much money you can spend. I have a sleeveless suit (I cheaped out). I did one race in 61 F water. It was cold, but I was fine. 5 minutes of swimming and I was fully warmed up and didn't notice the cold any more.

If price isn't an issue then a sleeved suit would be better. But no, it's not necessary.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply