Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chattanooga Course Comparison... CDA? St. George?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know how this bike course compares to St. George or CDA? What about the run course? We are trying to get a feel for it based on courses we've raced on. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Course Comparison... CDA? St. George? [Petrus101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On BBS, it comes in slower than Raleigh, but faster than StG and about the same as Buffalo Springs for me. I haven't compared it to any 70.3 courses yet. Seems like a pretty fast course but with enough climbing to be oriented towards lighter riders a bit.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Course Comparison... CDA? St. George? [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CPT Chaos wrote:
On BBS, it comes in slower than Raleigh, but faster than StG and about the same as Buffalo Springs for me. I haven't compared it to any 70.3 courses yet. Seems like a pretty fast course but with enough climbing to be oriented towards lighter riders a bit.

Thanks s much. I haven't raced Raleigh or Buffalo Springs but I appreciate the comparison. Do you have the link on BBS to see the course comparisons?? I'm not sure how to do that.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Course Comparison... CDA? St. George? [Petrus101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did IM 70.3 chattanooga in 2015. not sure if they've changed the bike or run course much since then. I train on complete flat terrain. I didn't find the bike course to be crazy challenging. one short steep climb midway through but the rest was rollers and lots of free speed to be had on the downhills. the run course was a little more challenging. 2 loops. short steep climb shortly after transition. there was some gradual climbs. not steep but stuff that slowed you down. I'm doing the full there in a month and trying not to psyche myself out about the run.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Course Comparison... CDA? St. George? [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The WC 70.3 course is supposedly not the same as the normal 70.3 course, with one big climb at the start then some rolling before a descent and the rest flat. It is supposed to be harder than the normal course, but BBS suggests it is not really a slow course.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Course Comparison... CDA? St. George? [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CPT Chaos wrote:
The WC 70.3 course is supposedly not the same as the normal 70.3 course, with one big climb at the start then some rolling before a descent and the rest flat. It is supposed to be harder than the normal course, but BBS suggests it is not really a slow course.

I am curious about your BBS projections. BBS puts me (a) 10-15 minutes slower on the WC course than the regular Chatt 70.3 course, Steelhead, Racine or Boulder and (b) about 3 minutes slower on the WC course than what it projects for me at St. George.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Course Comparison... CDA? St. George? [mdm81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At Raleigh and BSLT, BBS was within 60sec of the result, and have come very close to a few IMs, so I feel confident that what I am seeing is accurate.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It has historically been very accurate for me too. I was really surprised by how much slower it put me on this course, which is why I was interested in your statement that it doesn't look like a slow course. Maybe I am just getting soft and/or have raced too many easy 70.3 courses. Either way, I am looking forward to that bike course.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Course Comparison... CDA? St. George? [mdm81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It projects me slightly greater than 10 mins slower at worlds as compared to standard 70.3 course as well.

A friend of mine raced the 70.3 there earlier this year and rode just a few seconds under 2:20. He hit his power targets right on and BBS predicted 2:24 for that race. BBS predicts 2:37 for worlds on the same power. In my case and his, it's definitely a much slower course. BTW, we both weigh near 70kg.

http://triathletelife.wordpress.com/
Quote Reply