Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Message from GOD for voting Republican
Quote | Reply
Last time a Level 3 or higher hurricane landed a Republican was in office, non-during Obama's administration, the Republicans take over and BAM a Level 4 hits. Hmmmm I'm just saying.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Message from GOD for voting Republican [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And the president uses it as cover to quietly make two unpopular announcements.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Last time a Level 3 or higher hurricane landed a Republican was in office, non-during Obama's administration, the Republicans take over and BAM a Level 4 hits. Hmmmm I'm just saying.

I think this God person thing has more important things on its mind. Like the season finale of Game of Thrones. ;-)

Weather is weather. Climate is climate. A 142-month stretch without a major hurricane hitting us is quite something to celebrate, but it was just a matter of time until one finally slammed into the Gulf Coast or other hurricane-prone areas in the U.S.

What gets me is that we continue to subsidize building and rebuilding in hurricane-prone and flood-prone areas through various federal programs. The Stafford Act, the National Flood Insurance Program, beach nourishment -- the pumping in of sand into beaches that nature clearly meant to eliminate -- and the allowing of casualty loss deductions are major culprits that end up causing more harm than good, in my opinion.

Four Ways the Government Subsidizes Risky Coastal Rebuilding - ProPublica

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Obama fixed global warming with his exectutive orders and ended the practice of hurricane landfall in the continental US.

Trump undid a bunch of those EOs...

Elections have consequences.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Despite the Republicans always talking about national security, it seems that the Democrats are far better at keeping America safe.

Thanks Trump.
Quote Reply
Re: Message from GOD for voting Republican [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

I think this God person thing has more important things on its mind. Like the season finale of Game of Thrones. ;-)

Weather is weather. Climate is climate. A 142-month stretch without a major hurricane hitting us is quite something to celebrate, but it was just a matter of time until one finally slammed into the Gulf Coast or other hurricane-prone areas in the U.S.

What gets me is that we continue to subsidize building and rebuilding in hurricane-prone and flood-prone areas through various federal programs. The Stafford Act, the National Flood Insurance Program, beach nourishment -- the pumping in of sand into beaches that nature clearly meant to eliminate -- and the allowing of casualty loss deductions are major culprits that end up causing more harm than good, in my opinion.

Four Ways the Government Subsidizes Risky Coastal Rebuilding - ProPublica

Nationwide pretty much pulled out of Florida due to too much exposure from Hurricanes.

People used to know not to build where storms wiped you out, now they are the most expensive spots. Japan had old marks on the hills saying stay above here because tsunamis hit down there. Now they build to the water's edge.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure if this was a 50 year storm or not, but he did promise.

“I will give you everything. I will give you what you’ve been looking for for 50 years.
“I’m the only one.”
Quote Reply
Re: Message from GOD for voting Republican [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
unpopular to whom? You?
Quote Reply
Re: Message from GOD for voting Republican [dvfmfidc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dvfmfidc wrote:
unpopular to whom? You?

Unpopular to anyone who believes that law enforcement should abide by the constitution.

Do you hate the contistution? Or do you think that it only applies to white folk?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, your right, its all about the white people.
Quote Reply
Re: Message from GOD for voting Republican [dvfmfidc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dvfmfidc wrote:
Yeah, your right, its all about the white people.

Do you think that the 4th amendment applies to everyone?

Yes or no.

If yes, then you should be pissed off that this asshole has a pardon. If you don't give a shit about the constitution then by all means, applaud.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dvrmfidc is completely right. This is wildly popular for his core supporters, wildly unpopular for his opponents, and the 100 or so other folks (including you) are mildly perturbed but don't really care, except to engage in a snarkfest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you don't give a shit about the constitution then by all means, applaud.

A lot of people only give a shit about certain parts of the Constitution (*cough*2nd Amendment*cough) and if that is breached there is hell to pay. However, other parts are flexible if their man in the Whitehouse says so...

Quote Reply
Re: Message from GOD for voting Republican [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:
dvrmfidc is completely right. This is wildly popular for his core supporters, wildly unpopular for his opponents, and the 100 or so other folks (including you) are mildly perturbed but don't really care, except to engage in a snarkfest.

It's ok. Your butt will stop hurting soon.

Quote Reply