Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ITU WTS Stockholm 2017
Quote | Reply
Jonny Brownlee the favorite with the bookies at 8/11 is he finaly over his bad form/illness whatever it was?

Mens race preview here...

http://www.triathlon.org/...te_leg_of_the_series

Stimpson at 14/1 is looking like a good E/W bet paying 3 places

Womens preview here...

http://www.triathlon.org/...e_for_the_wts_crowns

Who's making the podiums then?
Quote Reply
Re: ITU WTS Stockholm 2017 [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crazy how the pace quickens this time of year - I just got caught up on Montreal.

It'll be interesting to see if Johnny can finally kick out of his funk (albeit a funk most can only dream of).

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: ITU WTS Stockholm 2017 [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes 2 4th place finishes when you're struggling for fitness isn't too bad when all!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Murray, Gomez and Birtwhistle not starting so he should podium even if not any better form.
Quote Reply
Re: ITU WTS Stockholm 2017 [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I managed to get 16/1 on Alarza, well worth an EW bet especialy with no Gomez and Murray.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got back from Stockholm last night, such a great city. Those cobbles will be tough to deal with!

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great race from Kristian Blummenfelt.
It is getting a little bit old listening to the commentators talking down his run, when he is one of the stronger runners.

Love the course.
Quote Reply
Re: ITU WTS Stockholm 2017 [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to see Jonny back into form, was really getting worried that we'd seen the best of him.

Really happy to see Blummenfelt come 2nd after pulling round that chase pack almost on his own, thouroughly deserved!

Learmouth getting a 2nd was a big break through for her.

Shocking betting from me going for Alarza (what the hell happened to him? Came into T1 in 7th or 8th thought he looked nailed on to podium) likewise Stimpson with a very good swim for a change.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't believe how fast he pulled his free safety-sized body up the hill at the end! I was shocked at how that group shook out.

Anyone know how Katie Z is?

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
Can't believe how fast he pulled his free safety-sized body up the hill at the end! I was shocked at how that group shook out.

Are you saying Blummenfelt is "free safety-sized"??? He doesn't look that big to me, maybe 150 lb vs your free safeties at 205-ish on average, but perhaps he looks bigger than most of the ITU tri guys???

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: ITU WTS Stockholm 2017 [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lol it is funny how a big guy in itu is around 75kgs. that's around my weight right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:

She seems to be fine considering how it could have gone.

"Happy to report no broken bones & just a wee 3 stitches in my chin! Feeling pretty lucky! Thank you so much for all the support and care!"

https://twitter.com/...s/901503497568493569
Quote Reply
Re: ITU WTS Stockholm 2017 [ilanias] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gutted to see her crash out, I am sure she was going to be in 2nd as she would have easily run down Learmouth.

One observation on Mola, I think he is tired and running on fumes. After being pretty much at the top of his game all year, he looked quite pedestrian today (and getting smacked by Gomez two weeks ago gave a hint of that). He seems to be going backwards fast now, as he was running with guys he can easily out run by 30-60sec or more and could not separate from them. Getting dropped by the same group in the last 2km was very disheartening as they were not running faster.

One thing for JB, he is likely not much better than two weeks ago, as the group chasing him put time into him and he likely had the 4-7th fastest run split, without those big run guns in the race, or Mola running anywhere close to his capability.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: ITU WTS Stockholm 2017 [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah - just funnin'. It was especially instructive seeing these guys in person at the two Chicago races. So darn small and lean.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: ITU WTS Stockholm 2017 [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CPT Chaos wrote:
Gutted to see her crash out, I am sure she was going to be in 2nd as she would have easily run down Learmouth.

One observation on Mola, I think he is tired and running on fumes. After being pretty much at the top of his game all year, he looked quite pedestrian today (and getting smacked by Gomez two weeks ago gave a hint of that). He seems to be going backwards fast now, as he was running with guys he can easily out run by 30-60sec or more and could not separate from them. Getting dropped by the same group in the last 2km was very disheartening as they were not running faster.

One thing for JB, he is likely not much better than two weeks ago, as the group chasing him put time into him and he likely had the 4-7th fastest run split, without those big run guns in the race, or Mola running anywhere close to his capability.

Apart from Blummenfelt and maybe Mola to an extent, that chasing group of 5/6 on the run had all prety much drafted the whole bike.

Not surprised they were catching Jonny who had a minute to play with coming out of T2, he didnt need to kill himself and after the last few months he's had I don't think you could blame him

The grand final should be interesting, if Mola has shot his bolt too early in the season could be costly.
Quote Reply
Re: ITU WTS Stockholm 2017 [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
having some ancestry from norway i pull for him a bit. don't know much about him. he does look bigger in upper torso than the rest of the greyhounds. can you tell us his background ie was he a nordic skier etc.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mola has done some long seasons before but I agree he looks overcooked the last 2 races. Maybe he is planning a big peak for the Grand Final or he is experimenting with a different training strategy 3 years out from the Olympics. I'll give him and Filiol a pass though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CPT Chaos wrote:

It looked like he may have been playing a much bigger role in chasing down the front group on the bike? Blummenfelt specifically pointed out that he held himself back on the bike such that he contributed but didn't put in 80% of the work like he has in the past.
Quote Reply