Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2018 Quintana Roo PRsix
Quote | Reply
After reading Dan's article on the front page on the P2/3 and QR PR3/5, I found myself browsing QR's website and saw they have an updated color scheme for the 2018 PR6

Beauty is always a bit personal, bit IMHO this they nailed it with the paint/graphics on this thing. Simple well placed graphics, great color - it just pops. It reminds me of a custom paint job that was featured on the front page about a year ago. When I read that piece I thought "Quintana Roo should make this their standard paint scheme, much better than any of their current offerings."

Add this to the fact that it is really easy to work on (per the guys one of my local shops and message board users), handles well from ride reports, has great built in storage, features an updated stem which makes fitting easier (and give a better range of fits?), and as a frameset it's 2 pounds lighter than the IA (yes, weight isn't everything, but it is a bonus). On top of all this it (per their own data, which interestingly was run at 22 mph) holds its own agains the competition in the all important -10 to 10 degree yaw range:

It surprises me this bike (and it's little brothers the PR3 and PR5) only get a fraction of the love most of the other bikes on here get. At $4500 for the ultegra mechanical version of the PR6 it's just 500 more than the mechanical ultegra Cervelo P3. And the former includes both the QR box and the top tube storage so you don't have to spend extra $$ on 3rd party add-ons or trying to figure out which one works the best and has the least drag. If I was choosing between the two I'd go with the QR in a heartbeat. And this is coming from a guy who currently has a Cervelo P2 and R3 sitting in his garage right now.

Speaking of top tube storage. The bag must've gone through puberty this past year as it looks WAY longer the one included with the 2017 version. I feel like this bike might actually have more integrated storage than the P5x and DB Andean combined.

Matt
Last edited by: Pun_Times: Aug 25, 17 11:45
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Quintana Roo PRsix [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy bento box batman.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
Speaking of top tube storage. The bag must've gone through puberty this past year as it looks WAY longer the one included with the 2017 version.

The top tube storage was the first thing that jumped out at me as well. Lots of storage with the Qbox on the back.

Oh and these bikes are easy to work on. I actually took my PRsix apart (bars, fork, seat, derailleur) for Boulder this year. It wasn't bad, and I've never done anything more than adjust the brakes before.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Beauty is always a bit personal,

Exactly. Functionally I like the bike but that paint job is fugly!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really like the paint/graphics, nice and simple. I will definitely be comparing this to the speed concept for the 2018 season as I'm in the market for a new frame. The main thing I'm after is good integrated storage while (hopefully) not being a total pain in the ass to wrench.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is my next bike for sure. I am currently on the Shiv and hopefully they will make or have made some needed upgrades for this bike. I am long leg short torso so the adjustability of this bike is something I appreciate. I need to compare the geometry of the top tube to that of the Shiv, but I like everything about it. I will never ride on a mechanical gear bike again. I would love to have the shifters on the horns when I'm in a hard climb. I really like everything about this bike.
Quote Reply