Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Polls: Removal of Monuments [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two sentences.......and you *almost* added content to the discussion.

This is a good trend, but still not quite there yet.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Polls: Removal of Monuments [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I pretty sure I've already stated that monuments and statues of Confederates should be removed from public spaces that are not cemeteries or battlefields.
Ok. Then we're in agreement, to the extent that I'm concerned about it one way or the other.

Quote:
But again, you need to educate yourself on how the veterans of the Civil War used the planning and construction of the National Military Parks to heal wounds (post Reconstruction) and to honor those who fought, brother against brother.
So we're talking about two different issues, here. My position is that the decision should be made at the local level, with the appropriateness of each monument or display weighed in context and intent. A blanket policy of tear-down would be as thoughtless and unhelpful as the blanket assertion that removing or relocating some amounts to erasing history.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Polls: Removal of Monuments [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Quote:
I pretty sure I've already stated that monuments and statues of Confederates should be removed from public spaces that are not cemeteries or battlefields.

Ok. Then we're in agreement, to the extent that I'm concerned about it one way or the other.

Quote:
But again, you need to educate yourself on how the veterans of the Civil War used the planning and construction of the National Military Parks to heal wounds (post Reconstruction) and to honor those who fought, brother against brother.

So we're talking about two different issues, here. My position is that the decision should be made at the local level, with the appropriateness of each monument or display weighed in context and intent. A blanket policy of tear-down would be as thoughtless and unhelpful as the blanket assertion that removing or relocating some amounts to erasing history.

Well, you should be concerned about small groups of radicals who want everyone to conform to their wishes. Other than that, I think we're in total agreement.
Quote Reply

Prev Next