Login required to post replies

$785,000,000 buys a lot of gum
Quote | Reply
You go girl!
Quote Reply
Re: $785,000,000 buys a lot of gum [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's only $758,700,000

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: $785,000,000 buys a lot of gum [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm dixslexick. But I do have hair on my chin and head.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't disagree with anything you've said here.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMHO anyone that goes public about winning the lottery less than 24 hours after the drawing are doomed

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: $785,000,000 buys a lot of gum [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
IMHO anyone that goes public about winning the lottery less than 24 hours after the drawing are doomed

And she said something about wanting to be alone to think about it. she didn't seem to have thought anything through.
Quote Reply
Re: $785,000,000 buys a lot of gum [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:

First thing I said when I saw that she went public ALREADY.

If I won $785 million bucks you'd never, ever see my face on TV. My name would be so far hidden under layers of trusts (legally) that it would take some serious sleuthing to out me.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: $785,000,000 buys a lot of gum [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am oddly relieved to hear that you guys have the same thoughts as me.

I was surprised that the winner came public so quickly for sooo much money. I even have a plan to disappear for when I win $10million... any day now.

With $700million, she's gone have a hard time chasing away people coming out of the woodwork.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Billabong wrote:

First thing I said when I saw that she went public ALREADY.

If I won $785 million bucks you'd never, ever see my face on TV. My name would be so far hidden under layers of trusts (legally) that it would take some serious sleuthing to out me.

Mass makes lottery winners public. Doesn't mean she had to now though, but she had to make an appearance to get her cash - but a lawyer might have been able to do so for her too.
Quote Reply
Re: $785,000,000 buys a lot of gum [noodle_soup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
noodle_soup wrote:

I was surprised that the winner came public so quickly for sooo much money. I even have a plan to disappear for when I win $10million... any day now.

With $700million, she's gone have a hard time chasing away people coming out of the woodwork.

I think it's closer to 335 million she is going to end up with. Besides going public the other thing is why not take the annuity. I read that it would be approx 17 million a year and she'd pay >2 million in taxes / yr.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Last edited by: Leddy: Aug 25, 17 7:08
Quote Reply
Re: $785,000,000 buys a lot of gum [noodle_soup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
noodle_soup wrote:

With that kind of scratch, she can simply hire a small crew of goons to say "no" for her.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: $785,000,000 buys a lot of gum [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
noodle_soup wrote:

I think it's closer to 335 million she is going to end up with. Besides going public the other thing is why not take the annuity. I read that it would be approx 17 million a year and she'd pay >2 million in taxes / yr.

Maybe she thinks the economy is gonna tank and high inflation?
Maybe she thinks we'll go back to pre-Reagan tax levels?
I think more it's she's in her mid 50s and doesn't think she'll last the 30 years.

Lump sum: Powerball keeps $278.2M. feds get $120M, Mass gets $24M. She gets $336M ish
Annuity: Powerball keeps nothing. Payout averages $25.3M (lower at first, gains 5% a year I think, I'm not clear on that) feds get $6.3M each year. Mass gets $1.26M each year. She'll get $17.7M annually ($531M total). But, naturally those numbers will change over the years.
Quote Reply
Re: $785,000,000 buys a lot of gum [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:

Definitely! My first call would be to one of our trusts & estates lawyers.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply