Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: You Can't Unring a Bell... [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm tired of being called a bald headed chicken fucker
---

Did you just get back from Vermont and get pulled over by an Officer Farva?

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I kind of made a joke but it was directed at duffy. Only at duffy. Because duffy can take it good as he dishes it out. With one exception, his wife says i dish it out better.

I wasnt making fun of you. Im balding. I think its karma for teasing my dad about balding.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As someone who is about to lose all his hair, yep, all of it, due to chemo, count your blessings. Its one thing to have alopecia, it's quite another to be going through chemotherapy that announces to the world that fact through the lack of hair, eyebrows, etc along with the chemo shuffle because the chemo also gave me peripheral neuropathy that prevents me from walking fast, let alone running or cycling right now.

No matter how bad you have it, always remember that someone else has it worse. I know that my case is almost the best kind of cancer to have (Multiple Myeloma, current treatments are giving us 10-20 years of good life after diagnosis), but that don't make it any less painful or dare I say, pug ugly, with skin rashes and looking like a bald headed chicken fornicator.
Quote Reply
Re: You Can't Unring a Bell... [vecchia capra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn. Im sorry. Cancer is a real fucker and im glad your treatments are working. I hope you and your bald head stay with us for a long time. Wear that scar like a badge of honor.

It runs in my family and i feel like a ticking bomb. My grandfather and uncle both survived pancreatic cancer. My gradfather also got prostste cancer. Im waiting for my turn.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you looked into a cold cap? I have two friends who went through chemo and had success with cold caps.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: You Can't Unring a Bell... [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<<My grandfather and uncle both survived pancreatic cancer.>>

That's hardcore. Pancreatic cancer is not known for being forgiving.
Quote Reply
Re: You Can't Unring a Bell... [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:

Tell me about it! 98% fatality rate. Genetics are a crazy thing. My grandfather got it in the 50's. He made it to his 90s. He had a huge scar across his abdomen from surgery related to it. My uncles was just a few years ago.

Quote Reply
Re: You Can't Unring a Bell... [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
wimsey wrote:

Tell me about it! 98% fatality rate. Genetics are a crazy thing. My grandfather got it in the 50's. He made it to his 90s. He had a huge scar across his abdomen from surgery related to it. My uncles was just a few years ago.

That stuff is scary. Most times it is fatal because typically it isn't caught/discovered until it is too late for treatment. One of my brother's roommates in college found out he had pancreatic cancer and didn't make it. 22 (or was it 23) years old and 1 semester away from getting his bachelors. That guy was awesome and it was sad to see him not get to live a long life.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hang tough.

Keep laughing.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply

Prev Next