Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Family Forced to Jump Drawbridge...in Their Toyota RAV4
Quote | Reply
Like a boss! :-)

"Terence Naphys, after paying the $1.50 toll at the Middle Thorofare Bridge that connects the Wildwoods and Cape May via Ocean Drive, was heading across the bridge when a steel metal grate suddenly lifted 3 to 6 feet underneath his car, Naphys told Lower Township police.

Naphys was in the car with his wife, his daughter and his daughter’s friend, and he was worried his Toyota RAV4 would fall the 65 feet down into the water. So he accelerated and jumped the gap."

Family Forced to Jump Jersey Shore Drawbridge in Their Toyota RAV4 - NBC 10 Philadelphia

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Family Forced to Jump Drawbridge...in Their Toyota RAV4 [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apparently it was only a year old. He wouldn't have had to worry as much if he had the older V6 model Rav4. 0-60 in 6.2
Quote Reply
Re: Family Forced to Jump Drawbridge...in Their Toyota RAV4 [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
Apparently it was only a year old. He wouldn't have had to worry as much if he had the older V6 model Rav4. 0-60 in 6.2

Those RAV4 V6s were that powerful?

Quote Reply
Re: Family Forced to Jump Drawbridge...in Their Toyota RAV4 [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'd have to mess up pretty bad to start raising the bridge before the car was clear. The control booth is right there.

I've been stuck waiting on those bridges dozens of times with dukes of hazards thoughts. This guy got to do it !

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This story is no good without video.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: Family Forced to Jump Drawbridge...in Their Toyota RAV4 [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
You'd have to mess up pretty bad to start raising the bridge before the car was clear. The control booth is right there.

I've been stuck waiting on those bridges dozens of times with dukes of hazards thoughts. This guy got to do it !

Hahahaha! Sure did!

I read this story and immediately thought of that rouge drawbridge scene from that Stephen King movie "Maximum Overdrive." ;-)

mega car crash complete chaos - YouTube

Quote Reply
Re: Family Forced to Jump Drawbridge...in Their Toyota RAV4 [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:

One story I read (didn't read the one in BK's post, maybe it mentions it in there too) said that the operator claimed he didn't see the Rav4 because of sun glare, and the radios they use to communicate on the bridge and with the boat weren't functioning either. Fustercluck...
Quote Reply
Re: Family Forced to Jump Drawbridge...in Their Toyota RAV4 [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:

that is the least believable thing in this thread
Quote Reply
Re: Family Forced to Jump Drawbridge...in Their Toyota RAV4 [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Leddy wrote:

One story I read (didn't read the one in BK's post, maybe it mentions it in there too) said that the operator claimed he didn't see the Rav4 because of sun glare, and the radios they use to communicate on the bridge and with the boat weren't functioning either. Fustercluck...

Accidents never just occur. They require a chain of events. Remove just one of those events and the accident doesn't take place. As you say: Fustercluck. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There isn't even a rebel flag painted on the Rav4! How is that possible?

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Family Forced to Jump Drawbridge...in Their Toyota RAV4 [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big engine in a small SUV. Same engine in a Camry gets to 60 in 5.7.

Every guy who watch Knight Rider or Dukes when he was a kid has dreamed of doing this and this guy finally got to live that dream.
Quote Reply
Re: Family Forced to Jump Drawbridge...in Their Toyota RAV4 [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:

IKR! I was so disappointed. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Family Forced to Jump Drawbridge...in Their Toyota RAV4 [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:

Have you not been following the news? ;)
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: Family Forced to Jump Drawbridge...in Their Toyota RAV4 [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
Another fun discussion: what do you think a self-driving car would've done in this situation? :)

KITT would've gone all Dukes of Hazard on that shit - piece of cake...

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply