Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ESPN pulls Asian announcer Robert Lee from Virgina games
Quote | Reply
You cannot make this shit up ...

In a story that seems made for The Onion, but is actually true, according to multiple Outkick fans inside ESPN MSESPN decided to pull an Asian college football announcer named Robert Lee off the William and Mary at University of Virginia college football game because they were concerned that having an ASIAN FOOTBALL ANNOUNCER NAMED ROBERT LEE would be offensive to some viewers.

Did I mention that Robert Lee is Asian?

Is this even real life anymore? This might even be worse than MSESPN apologizing for the fantasy football slave draft a couple of weeks ago.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/...id-offending-idiots/

EDIT: It appears the website crashed. Here are more sources:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/...-university-virgini/

https://www.newsbusters.org/...lee-upcoming-college

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Last edited by: JSA: Aug 22, 17 18:26
Quote Reply
Re: ESPN pulls Asian announcer Robert Lee from Virgina games [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A new low in stupidity. I really thought the link was going to the Onion.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: ESPN pulls Asian announcer Robert Lee from Virgina games [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow! Just wow!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: ESPN pulls Asian announcer Robert Lee from Virgina games [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WTF, outright racism.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ESPN says the decision to put Lee on another game was made “collectively.” It also says it’s “a shame that this is even a topic of conversation.”

At least they got the second part of that right.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: ESPN pulls Asian announcer Robert Lee from Virgina games [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Its a shame that this is even a topic of conversation." They are the idiots that made this a topic of discussion.
This is exactly where all of the liberal political correctness has taken us. The US is quickly becoming unrecognizable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MURICA!!!

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought we had actually hit our low point in this country until I read this and I now know we are not even close to it. My guess is the next thing to happen will be for states to begin outlawing certain names for people so parents will no longer be able to choose those names for their children. This entire thing is ridiculous including the taking down of statues that has happened in recent weeks. Also soon to come is the removal of any all books even speaking of these evidently off-limit topics and burning them in public.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He could take a cue from Geraldo Rivera, who early in his career used the name "Jerry Rivers", and use a more Asian-sounding name, such as "Fook You".

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is also ridiculous is that they actually said this is the reason as well.

I can see it being mentioned in the meeting, "oh hey, this is stupid and minor, but why risk it. We normally shuffle around announcers so lets not let it leave the room and just say it was for other reasons."
Last edited by: AndysStrongAle: Aug 23, 17 7:18
Quote Reply
Re: ESPN pulls Asian announcer Robert Lee from Virgina games [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:

I can see it being mentioned in the meeting, "oh hey, this is stupid and minor, but why risk it. We normally shuffle around announcers so lets not let it leave the room and just say it was for other reasons."

Exactly. . . .I don't know who's announcing a game until I turn on the TV to watch, and even then I a) may not pay attention to who they are b) don't know who they are c) don't care who they are
Quote Reply
Re: ESPN pulls Asian announcer Robert Lee from Virgina games [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Robert Lee should sue for Name Discrimination, put that final nail in the ESPN coffin. The way ESPN is cutting staff it probably won't be long before he gets the ax anyway.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: ESPN pulls Asian announcer Robert Lee from Virgina games [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
AndysStrongAle wrote:

Exactly. . . .I don't know who's announcing a game until I turn on the TV to watch, and even then I a) may not pay attention to who they are b) don't know who they are c) don't care who they are

And before yesterday I am certain I had never heard of him. Are there Robert Lee fans that would have noticed he was missing and been disappointed?

They are simply trying to show everyone how very sensitive they are.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's outrageous is that Virginia is playing William & Mary.
Quote Reply
Re: ESPN pulls Asian announcer Robert Lee from Virgina games [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:

Why?
Quote Reply
Re: ESPN pulls Asian announcer Robert Lee from Virgina games [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
windywave wrote:
AndysStrongAle wrote:

And before yesterday I am certain I had never heard of him. Are there Robert Lee fans that would have noticed he was missing and been disappointed?

I wonder who they're substituting in for him . . . Bob Ley?

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
windywave wrote:
AndysStrongAle wrote:

Exactly, I'm sure some PR manager or Diversity manager said it was a good idea to earn brownie points. Complete backfire.

I wonder how Robert Lee is taking it, is he laughing about it or is he upset he isn't announcing a game in which he probably had to do a good amount of research and prep material fore.
Quote Reply
Re: ESPN pulls Asian announcer Robert Lee from Virgina games [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:

W&M actually beat UVA a few years ago. As a UVA alum and fan, I can tell you that no one will be watching this shitty game played by 2 shitty teams.

Freedom just around the corner for you. But with the truth so far off, what good will it do?
Quote Reply
Re: ESPN pulls Asian announcer Robert Lee from Virgina games [jepvb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jepvb wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:

W&M actually beat UVA a few years ago. As a UVA alum and fan, I can tell you that no one will be watching this shitty game played by 2 shitty teams.

No kidding? Richmond and James Madison are two very good football programs capable of beating a poor BCS team. I didn't think so regarding The Tribe.
Quote Reply
Re: ESPN pulls Asian announcer Robert Lee from Virgina games [LSchmitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LSchmitt wrote:
I thought we had actually hit our low point in this country until I read this and I now know we are not even close to it. My guess is the next thing to happen will be for states to begin outlawing certain names for people so parents will no longer be able to choose those names for their children. This entire thing is ridiculous including the taking down of statues that has happened in recent weeks. Also soon to come is the removal of any all books even speaking of these evidently off-limit topics and burning them in public.

Can we start a thread on what's next? I see this as just the beginning. Its like I woke up the other morning in smack in the middle of the movie Idiocracy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
jepvb wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:

No kidding? Richmond and James Madison are two very good football programs capable of beating a poor BCS team. I didn't think so regarding The Tribe.

The offensive part of this game is that UVA is playing.

September 11, 2010 is one of the greatest days in JMU Football, beating #5 VA Tech at Lane Stadium. The JMU team of today is head and shoulders above that 2010 team.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Last edited by: Billabong: Aug 25, 17 14:37
Quote Reply