Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2018 ITU Long-Distance Triathlon World Championship = where ? [jazzymusicman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jazzymusicman wrote:

is participation really up because of Nats? M30-34 was half the size of last year. Just curious why USAT cares if the bike course is 54 or 56 since 70.3 isn't an ITU thing (as evidenced by the WC being some odd 3/4th distance)?

I didn't say it is up; I am predicting it will go down when it loses the USAT Nat'l stamp. I think the year to year participation during this three year run is predicated on where worlds are. Apparently a lot more people were interested in going to Penticton since that is like going to another state. Move Worlds to Denmark and holy cow, a foreign country that speaks Danish!! Yeah, I know that virtually everyone in Scandanavia speaks fairly fluent English, but hey, it's far away, in Europe!

Re, 54 miles. It's supposed to be a HIM and regardless of the ITU 'Nice' distance, it's never been a HIM at 54, and could not be compared to any other HIM at 54. So if it wasn't done at USAT's prodding, why, after all these years did they finally add a 2 mile loop to bring it up to snuff? Surely it wasn't done to confuse the first elite who missed it and was DQ'd?
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 ITU Long-Distance Triathlon World Championship = where ? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good points. I do like the option to have an affordable race and it seems they're doing that well. Funny you mentioned the run course when I got messed up on the bike course and lost a 2nd place finish. I guess I was afraid to cut the course in fear of the wild dogs in the woods! ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 ITU Long-Distance Triathlon World Championship = where ? [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You must have blinked to have missed a bike turn Gary. Even with the additional little loop near the end, I thought it was straightforward. Bet you won't miss it next year!!
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 ITU Long-Distance Triathlon World Championship = where ? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
You must have blinked to have missed a bike turn Gary. Even with the additional little loop near the end, I thought it was straightforward. Bet you won't miss it next year!!

Yea, I think the wind messed up my vision. Maybe I was trying to find those guys smoking weed from last year. You are right that I'll be much more attentive next year!
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 ITU Long-Distance Triathlon World Championship = where ? [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was close to the front of the bike race too (was 3rd OA in T2 for the aqua bike). I'm glad someone mentioned before the race that they added the extra loop at end. I did the half a couple of times in the past and was used to the old short course. Sure was lonely on that added stretch of road ;) ... for a while I thought I went off course which has happened to me before (I'm the 2016 HITS 80.3 champion).

ggeiger wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:

Yea, I think the wind messed up my vision. Maybe I was trying to find those guys smoking weed from last year. You are right that I'll be much more attentive next year!
Quote Reply

Prev Next