Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New E-Book on New NC Bicycle Laws
Quote | Reply
Group,

Many of you know that I have done a number of things over the years to bring awareness to bicycle safety. We just published a (very) short little e-book on new bicycle safety laws and I thought I would share that here: https://s3.amazonaws.com/...+David+D+Daggett.pdf

Also, before our big professional bicycle race here in town - The Winston-Salem Classic, part of the UCI America Tour - we put up a big billboard (14' x 48') on the interstate right at the downtown exit to bring awareness:

We intend to continue to bring awareness to our safety issues. Please remember that being a good ambassador on the road is the very best thing we can all do to help keep each other keep safe. Please share the e-book as you see fit and BE SAFE!!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Last edited by: david: Aug 22, 17 6:26
Quote Reply
Re: New E-Book on New NC Bicycle Laws [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good stuff, thanks for sharing. It would be great if the equivalent of your book existed for every state.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not in NC so I really just skimmed it but looks like good stuff. Really just wanted to say thanks for making it free. I see so many of these things where the authors try to make a few bucks by charging $0.99 or $1.99. Sure they might make a few dollars but it limits the number of people that will end up reading it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for this, especially making it free. I'll share as I'm in Charlotte. We just had a friend visit last week...she was hit on her first ride here (she's fine, bike is toast.)
Quote Reply
Re: New E-Book on New NC Bicycle Laws [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yah, free and no opt-in either. . . trying to make it easy as possible. Also made it shorter than I wanted . . . first draft was MUCH longer, but we wanted to encourage "spreading the word" with minimal impediments. I know it is just a very small piece but every bit helps.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David,
thanks, this is really good! I'll share with some of our local cycling groups here in the Triangle.

bigshoes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
no opt-in

Don't get me started on opt-in. That probably bothers me more than paying a few bucks for something. I understand why people use it (i.e. to create a marketing email list) but really annoys me. Now I'm gonna be on their list until I unsubscribe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you, David. Spend 4 or 5 weeks in the OBX each year. This will be very helpful.
Quote Reply