Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Foo Fighters Rick Roll for the ages...
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Last edited by: Duffy: Aug 21, 17 7:56
Quote Reply
Re: Foo Fighters Rick Roll for the ages... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome. Thanks. I have tickets to see them in October. I'm pumped. Also pumped for their new album. The last one, Sonic Highways, was like meh to me initially. Then this summer I happened to give it another shot since it was one of few that got onto my new phone. Now I love it.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Foo Fighters Rick Roll for the ages... [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They (at least Chris and Dave) are going to play a small show near me soon under a different band name that I'm going to see.

I went to high school with Chris.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the Foo Fighters are really underrated.
Quote Reply
Re: Foo Fighters Rick Roll for the ages... [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:

I think they are exactly correctly rated.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always thought the video mashup was awesome, but this takes it up to another level.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does Pat Smear just come and go from the band as he pleases?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Foo Fighters Rick Roll for the ages... [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Does Pat Smear just come and go from the band as he pleases?

I don't really know.

They all sort of do what they please as far as I can tell.

Dave Grohl showed up at a local bar a couple of months, The Red Piano, (partly owned by a friend) http://www.theredpianosb.com and just sat at one of the pianos and played for about an hour. He's done some drumming for Queens of the Stone Age (and who knows what else.

Chris plays in a bunch of side projects and also plays under the name of Jake Jackson (although as far as I know it's been awhile since he's used that name).

I don't really know much that isn't public information. Occasionally I'll get a message letting me know of an upcoming off-the-books-show. That's about it.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was fantastic.

The drummer also plays in a cover band. Almost like a wedding band. Pretty funny!

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Last edited by: RockyMtnChic: Aug 22, 17 2:08
Quote Reply
Re: Foo Fighters Rick Roll for the ages... [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:

You can't fake what they got: joy and love for making music.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Perseus wrote:

You can't fake what they got: joy and love for making music.

I don't see how they can be underrated when they are probably one of the most popular rock bands of the last 10 (20?) years.

I agree with what you wrote - they have a genuine love for music. Grohl is a band geek through and through. I still listen to their first album from cover to cover frequently. Personally, I haven't really been too taken with much they have put out aside from their first two albums, skin and bones was pretty cool, and a few other songs here and there. I feel like for the last decade they have been pulling a U2 and largely just enjoying the ride while putting out uninspiring and rather bland, generic rock music.

But they certainly love what they're doing, seem like genuinely good people who aren't taking their success for granted, and are always involved in different and interesting projects.

When I was 15, I went to a music festival with my 19 year old brother and his friends. I saw Foo Fighters live then, and distinctly remember my face melting off when they covered "have a cigar" in their encore: Grohl on drums, Taylor singing. I was front and centre.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Foo Fighters Rick Roll for the ages... [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I feel like for the last decade they have been pulling a U2 and largely just enjoying the ride while putting out uninspiring and rather bland, generic rock music.

If you had asked me six months ago, I would say I feel the same, at least in part. But then (as I said above) I gave Sonic Highways another listen. I'm hooked on it now. Good as the early stuff to me now.

________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Friend of mine saw them at Fenway Park last year. She's and her husband aren't into rock music at all. They both said it was the best concert they've ever seen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
They (at least Chris and Dave) are going to play a small show near me soon under a different band name that I'm going to see.

I went to high school with Chris.

Did you see the show? How was it?

Chris seems like a cool, cool dude. I just watched the Foo Fighters documentary Back and Forth on Netflix. Loved it. Tied for my favorite rock documentary with the Rush one (which I pushed on you, Duffy, a while back). Same theme: basically good guys doing what they enjoy and doing some awesome stuff, with a few bumps along the way.

Been listening to the new Foo Fighters album Concrete and Gold -- like it. Rather excited about seeing them in October.

________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Either I missed it or it hasn't happened.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Netflix had a "rockumentary" about the band- I loved it. Increadibly miraculous how the band evolved, just like every other small band/artist.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now you see what I meant a while back when I said you had more clout than I.

You just got a reply to your post informing you of the FF documentary, which I had mentioned to you just one post above yours.

When Duffy talks, people listen.

Ok. Admittedly it may well be that when H- talks people tune out. Either way, I was right to say you had more clout than I.

You notice that when Dan just left for a bit, he effectively left you in charge.

________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Now you see what I meant a while back when I said you had more clout than I.

You just got a reply to your post informing you of the FF documentary, which I had mentioned to you just one post above yours.

When Duffy talks, people listen.

Ok. Admittedly it may well be that when H- talks people tune out. Either way, I was right to say you had more clout than I.

You notice that when Dan just left for a bit, he effectively left you in charge.

I don't know, man...

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
(468) Foo Fighters Carpool Karaoke - YouTube

Whether or not you are a fan of James Cordon, this is for all Foo Fighter fans.

A false humanity is used to impose its opposite, by people whose cruelty is equalled only by their arrogance
Quote Reply
Re: Foo Fighters Rick Roll for the ages... [Chri55] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was awesome. Thanks. And at 10:55 I saw that your post is the perfect riposte in this thread.

________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
H- I very rarely read past the first 2 posts in a thread when I reply, them words make my eyes spin.
Your clout and taste in music is second to none!
Quote Reply
Re: Foo Fighters Rick Roll for the ages... [LuckyLo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LuckyLo wrote:
H- I very rarely read past the first 2 posts in a thread when I reply

You are too smart for this place. ;)

________
Quote Reply