Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The use of arm pad risers
Quote | Reply
What would be reasons to do this? I kind of always thought it was due to a lack of flexibility. Now that I'm thinking about my fit and thinking about trying new things, I'm wondering if it's more so due to morphology. I'm quite flexible, can almost get hands flat on the floor when bending over, but I think I have a short torso.

I raised my whole cockpit today and it seemed to help make things more comfortable. I noticed my heart rate was lower at the same efforts, after it was raised. I'm thinking I could benefit with it being raised even more. However, I can't really raise my stem much higher than it goes and it already has a decent angle. So I'm wondering if this is maybe the case for arm pad risers. I've already got around 15mm now. Maybe I could benefit from more, say 40 or 50mm.

As a side note, when I got a quick fit from Dan at my local road show last year, he said he'd rather see me on a larger bike. I ride a M Fuji D6 and he suggested a M/L would be better. This leads me to believe the risers might be a good idea.
Quote Reply
Re: The use of arm pad risers [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably won't be able to offer you any answers as I am new to tribikes-having just been fit for one two weeks ago. But it seems that for me, I will not be able to make my HX/HY and Pad X/Y measurements without using some risers. Right now it looks like I will have to use about 30-50mm in riser depending on how much stem length I want to keep.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In my case, military injury to my neck results in very limited movement. Fitted with very high risers. Can now ride aero and speed over 40k is about a mph faster than on my road bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I operate under the assumption that a riser is more aero than a stem spacer (because it is). So you would eant to minimize your stem spacer and use pad risers to get your pad stack.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raising your arm pads and extensions from the base bars is more aero. You may as have your base bar as low as is comfortable and adjust your pads and extensions to suit.
Quote Reply