Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

specialized shiv fuselage screw
Quote | Reply
I looked through most of the specialized shiv thread and I couldn't find it. Does anyone know what size the allen head screw is that holds the cover down on the frame when you aren't using the hydration bladder. One broke on my older shiv and I had to cut the cover off. Basically the screw rusted into the threads and now it spins freely in the frame.

If I knew what size the thread is I could buy another screw as well as the rivot type of threads to replace it within my frame.

Lastly, does anyone know the part number for the plastic cover.

thanks a bunch.
Quote Reply
Re: specialized shiv fuselage screw [justablur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4mm screw. Threaded portion is 12mm long.

My bike was in the shop when you wrote this post or I'd have answered you sooner.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: specialized shiv fuselage screw [justablur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Were you able to repair this? How did you fix the piece in the frame (nut or whatever it is) in order to put the new screw in?
Quote Reply
Re: specialized shiv fuselage screw [BostonZZZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had the same issue and had the first bolt cut. LBS put a stainless bolt in. The head doesn’t match the old one, but close enough. I keep it pretty greasy and just more than hand tight. Probably 3x duplicate solutions, but no problems since.

Edit: Sorry, meant to reply to the OP. LBS was able to acquire the nut from Specialized (actually the bolt, too) but they went with the stainless bolt because they’d seen this before.
Last edited by: triflorida: Jun 25, 21 19:27
Quote Reply