Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Enve SES 7.8 [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
Tunnel, velodrome, and road testing all showed 25mm faster for us on multiple bikes. Which gels with every other test I've seen. Wonder why you had an outlier? Always more questions than answers.

Sorry to bring this back from the dead.

What tires did y'all use? I currently have 25mm Schwalbe Pro One on my 7.8 and it appears to be wider than the wheel. I have this on my P5-6 with maaaaybe 2mm clearance at the crown of the fork and the tire.

Just seeing if there was a more optimal suggestion.

Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: Enve SES 7.8 [JordanFostersSN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^ I use Turbo Cotton 24 front and 26 rear.. latex tubes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Running tubeless with Vittoria Corsa Speeds in 23mm at 100psi front and rear. They measure about 26mm.

The front wheel is a work of art. The rear needs a new hub. I have the ENVE carbon and will be replacing it with a Powertap. The stance width is too narrow, creating way more lateral flex than it should have.
Quote Reply
Re: Enve SES 7.8 [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use Hutchinson Fusion 5 All Season Tubeless and they've been good.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been running zipp tangente sl speed 24mm tubular. Should measure the real width.

It would be nice to know the best crr tubular 25mm tire...

—
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Conti GP TT 25mm

Did you actually measure the Schwalbe on it? My GP TTs look about as wide as the rim but measure out to 28.5mm, which is just under the rim width at 29mm.
Quote Reply
Re: Enve SES 7.8 [TPerkin2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could you run a 23mm front tire on these wheels? Or is the run too wide? If anyone has done so what width are you measuring? I’m thinking about buying these for a BMC TM01 (not yet ordered) which has major front wheel clearance issues.....
Quote Reply
Re: Enve SES 7.8 [wintershade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
23 too wide? Further up the thread I listed the 23mm GP TT measures out to about 26.5mm on the front 7.8 and the 25mm GP TT is 28.5mm. Jim was adamant that the 23mm will kill this wheel's aero performance and it needs something that measures out to 28-29mm, so if you have frame clearance issues and cant run the 25 then its not worth it.
Quote Reply
Re: Enve SES 7.8 [wintershade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm on a 2016 BMC TM01 and found 25mm tires (GP4000s in specific) to be too large for the frame. I kept having issues with them rubbing on the rear. I swapped to 23mm GP4000s earlier this year and the fit / clearance is perfect now. No issues with being too narrow.

Though FYI, if you are on an older TM01 (2016 or earlier), you will need to do a lot of work to fit the SES7.8 into the rear. I ended up having to shave 50-60% of the brake pads down and removed all spacers/washers to make it work.
Quote Reply
Re: Enve SES 7.8 [David Swafford] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
David Swafford wrote:
I'm on a 2016 BMC TM01 and found 25mm tires (GP4000s in specific) to be too large for the frame. I kept having issues with them rubbing on the rear. I swapped to 23mm GP4000s earlier this year and the fit / clearance is perfect now. No issues with being too narrow.

Though FYI, if you are on an older TM01 (2016 or earlier), you will need to do a lot of work to fit the SES7.8 into the rear. I ended up having to shave 50-60% of the brake pads down and removed all spacers/washers to make it work.

yep I use up the pads on my road bikes and then shave them flat again to use on my BMC TM01 with 7.8..

I dont know what I am going to do since I'm switching to disc on ROAD now.... the TT bike will remain rim brake for a little while longer..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim

Would you be able to share insight regarding best tubular for these wheels?

—
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David Swafford wrote:

I actually managed to get "TT brake pads" from my local Enve distributor that have already been pre-shaved. Worked like a charm for my BMC TM02.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David Swafford wrote:

7.8's on tubeless 25mm's on my 2016 TM01, and I am fine. No rubbing or issues at all getting the wheels on/off

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim if could choose an Enve 7.8 versus HED Vanquish 8 on the front of a P5D both rolling Conti GP5000TL would you still choose HED?
Quote Reply

Prev Next