Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fake News is #1
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Trump!

Quote:
MSNBC ranked as the number one network across all of cable in total viewers for the first time in its history, according to Nielsen data.

For Wednesday, Aug. 16, MSNBC averaged 1.52 million viewers for the total day across all of cable, edging out second place Fox News, who averaged 1.5 million. CNN ranked fourth among all cable networks for the day with 1.13 million total viewers. Nickelodeon was third with 1.17 million. However, in the key adults 25-54 demographic, CNN was number one among the cable news networks for the total day, averaging 381,000 viewers in that measure. Fox News was second in the demo for total day with 353,000 viewers, and MSNBC was third with 343,000.

In primetime, MSNBC was also first in total viewers among the cable news networks with 2.61 million viewers. Fox News was second with 2.4 million. CNN was third with 1.59 million. In the key demo for primetime, MSNBC was first with 613,000. Fox News narrowly outpaced CNN for second place with 560,000, with CNN averaging 557,000.

Across all of broadcast in primetime, Wednesday’s episodes of “The Rachel Maddow Show” and “The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell” were among the top 10 shows of the night in total viewers, with Maddow averaging 3.25 million viewers at 9 p.m. and O’Donnell averaging 2.54 million at 10. They were both the highest-rated and most-watched cable news programs in their respective time slots, with Maddow also nabbing 778,00 viewers in the key demo and O’Donnell nabbing 597,000.

Airing against Maddow, Fox’s “The Five” averaged 2.31 million viewers and 577,000 viewers in the demo. CNN’s Anderson Cooper averaged 1.52 million viewers with 550,000 in the demo. At 10 against O’Donnell, Fox’s Sean Hannity pulled in 2.46 million viewers and 594,00 in the demo. CNN’s Don Lemon drew 1.58 million viewers and 542,000 in the demo.

http://variety.com/...tesville-1202531567/

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Fake News is #1 [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
According to Dan logic you are now on record as being a Trump lover.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Fake News is #1 [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

are you going to carry your butt-hurt around, like a backpack, from thread to thread?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Fake News is #1 [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

As our little club gets bigger, we should probably start charging dues, and maybe elect officers. I'll be treasurer.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Fake News is #1 [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
BLeP wrote:

As our little club gets bigger, we should probably start charging dues, and maybe elect officers. I'll be treasurer.

You've really been making me laugh this afternoon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
BLeP wrote:

you ought to have learned your lesson yesterday. i gave you a number of links, from articles written by people who specialize in civil war era history, demonstrating that the south seceded not because of a mix of reasons that included the fact that the north was not honoring states rights. if you'd have read the articles i linked to you'd see a prevailing view that the south often argued against states rights in order to try to achieve its aim: to prevent northern states from selectively choosing to ignore fugitive slave laws. southerners were basically barred from taking their slaves whenever they traveled north, because those slaves could declare themselves free with impunity.

to argue - as you did - that states rights was a reason the south seceded is to maintain an argument only forwarded by those who want to relitigate southern behavior in a more acceptable light. most serious historians disagree with your view. what's worse, you're simply spreading southern revisionist propaganda.

i know you don't want to take my word for it. read here, inside of which we see:

“No respected historian has argued for decades that the Civil War was fought over tariffs, that abolitionists were mere hypocrites, or that only constitutional concerns drove secessionists,” writes University of Virginia historian Edward Ayers"

nevertheless, there are a fair number of people who believe your revisionist version, because:

"a vigorous, sustained effort by Southerners to literally rewrite history—and among the most ardent revisionists were a group of respectable white Southern matrons known as the United Daughters of the Confederacy."

here is another quite scholarly look at why the southern states seceded, with a close look at what you consider your prime evidence: each states' documents announcing their reasons for seceding.

"Ironically, southern apologists claim that the Confederacy was formed to preserve “states’ rights,” yet the Confederacy expressly prohibited any state from exercising its own “state’s right” to end slavery. Clearly, the Confederacy’s real issue was the preservation of slavery at all costs – even to the point that it constitutionally forbade the abolition of slavery by any of its member states."

"Clearly, even the economic reasons set forth by the South as causes for secession were directly related to slavery. Therefore, to claim that economic policies and not slavery was the cause of the Civil War is to make a distinction where there is no difference."

to water down the reasons for the civil war by claiming that taxes, tariffs or states rights were contributing factors leading to secession is, "therefore blatant and unmitigated revisionism."

we read in Why do people believe myths about the Confederacy, in WAPO, that:

"Perhaps most perniciously, neo-Confederates now claim that the South seceded over states’ rights. Yet when each state left the Union, its leaders made clear that they were seceding because they were for slavery and against states’ rights. In its “Declaration of the Causes Which Impel the State of Texas to Secede From the Federal Union,” for example, the secession convention of Texas listed the states that had offended the delegates: “Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Wisconsin, Michigan and Iowa.” Governments there had exercised states’ rights by passing laws that interfered with the federal government’s attempts to enforce the Fugitive Slave Act. Some no longer let slave owners “transit” across their territory with slaves. “States’ rights” were what Texas was seceding against."

yes, you can find an article here and there that still tries to cling to the states rights canard. i found one in confederateamericanpride.com. is that what you want to hang your hat on? you want to find common cause with confederate american pride?

google "confederate revisionism" and then come back and we'll just agree that it's easy to be duped by neo-confederate propaganda if you didn't see it coming.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Fake News is #1 [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
you ought to have learned your lesson yesterday.

I don't really have anything to learn from condescending gasbags who admit they don't know what they're talking about, but then demand that people who have studied the subject conform to their viewpoint based on "lots of internet articles say...."

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's threads like yours that keep me coming back. I learned more details in 2 minutes then a year of history classes.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Quote:

I don't really have anything to learn from condescending gasbags who admit they don't know what they're talking about, but then demand that people who have studied the subject conform to their viewpoint based on "lots of internet articles say...."

i'll take that as an agreement you and i have reached a point where you now know that you're not only wrong, but spreading propaganda, by asserting that "states rights" was a contributing cause to southern secession. good. there have been times when i've been wrong and you've been right on an issue. the important thing is to learn.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: Aug 18, 17 16:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Thanks, Trump!

Quote:
MSNBC ranked as the number one network across all of cable in total viewers for the first time in its history, according to Nielsen data.

For Wednesday, Aug. 16, MSNBC averaged 1.52 million viewers for the total day across all of cable, edging out second place Fox News, who averaged 1.5 million. CNN ranked fourth among all cable networks for the day with 1.13 million total viewers. Nickelodeon was third with 1.17 million. However, in the key adults 25-54 demographic, CNN was number one among the cable news networks for the total day, averaging 381,000 viewers in that measure. Fox News was second in the demo for total day with 353,000 viewers, and MSNBC was third with 343,000.

In primetime, MSNBC was also first in total viewers among the cable news networks with 2.61 million viewers. Fox News was second with 2.4 million. CNN was third with 1.59 million. In the key demo for primetime, MSNBC was first with 613,000. Fox News narrowly outpaced CNN for second place with 560,000, with CNN averaging 557,000.

Across all of broadcast in primetime, Wednesday’s episodes of “The Rachel Maddow Show” and “The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell” were among the top 10 shows of the night in total viewers, with Maddow averaging 3.25 million viewers at 9 p.m. and O’Donnell averaging 2.54 million at 10. They were both the highest-rated and most-watched cable news programs in their respective time slots, with Maddow also nabbing 778,00 viewers in the key demo and O’Donnell nabbing 597,000.

Airing against Maddow, Fox’s “The Five” averaged 2.31 million viewers and 577,000 viewers in the demo. CNN’s Anderson Cooper averaged 1.52 million viewers with 550,000 in the demo. At 10 against O’Donnell, Fox’s Sean Hannity pulled in 2.46 million viewers and 594,00 in the demo. CNN’s Don Lemon drew 1.58 million viewers and 542,000 in the demo.

http://variety.com/...tesville-1202531567/

Wow! I didn't know cable News outlets had such pathetic numbers. Youtuber - Philip DeFranco who does news/politics//pop culture stuff, gets like 1.5 million views per daily video and he is small potatoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Quote:

i'll take that as an agreement you and i have reached a point where you now know that you're not only wrong, but spreading propaganda,...

I'd recommend you just take my statement a bit more literally.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NYTimes has also been helped by Trump.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fox has always maintained that it was the accurate and balanced news network evidenced by the fact that it is the most popular.

Now conservatives are not known for flipping a position 180 degrees when it no longer suits their agenda..............

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply