Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quarq dzero alloy VS FSA Powerbox
Quote | Reply
Debating hard between 2 anyone got any feed back. Going toward FSA due to cost. Wieght with Chainrings is about same. Guys at competitive cyclist have been awesome help but not down to little things

Any one have feedback?
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq dzero alloy VS FSA Powerbox [Trimeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Powerbox is a Power2Max power meter rebranded.

I have no personal experience with Powerbox, but have several years on different Power2Max cranks. Every single one I have had has been flawless.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bought the FSA, tried installing it and it would not stop binding on my BB when tightened to torque. Unless you're sure that it will fit, give it a miss. Apparently it's a known problem with BB386Evo. I'd say go Quarq, especially if it's a common BB standard, as 386Evo was just too much fannying around.

Disclaimer: Not a triathlete anymore, just a fish
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd go with Quarq because of a long history of making power meters, and a reputation that proceeds them of providing great customer service.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both are good choices as the FSA is just a rebranded Power2Max Type S.
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq dzero alloy VS FSA Powerbox [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq dzero alloy VS FSA Powerbox [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
I'd go with Quarq because of a long history of making power meters, and a reputation that proceeds them of providing great customer service.

The only reputation I see from Quarq is a history of repeated warranty exchanges.
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq dzero alloy VS FSA Powerbox [commendatore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
commendatore wrote:
nickwhite wrote:

The only reputation I see from Quarq is a history of repeated warranty exchanges.
All manufacturers have warranty returns. Whether Quarq's return rate is higher than others is impossible to tell from message boards. They've obviously had plenty of satisfied customers as they've steadily grown over the years and were acquired by SRAM who were satisfied in their due diligence that the products were reliable.
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq dzero alloy VS FSA Powerbox [commendatore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
commendatore wrote:
nickwhite wrote:

Yep they go above and beyond for honoring issues under warranty coverage. You can get someone there on the phone or by email in under 24 hours. When you have an issue they get you back up and running without hassle. They provide apps that allow you to make sure your power meter is actually calibrated and allow calibration slope changes if it drifts over time.

P2M contact is online only and in this case I suspect the contact is FSA. I've had emails to FSA where I've never received a reply.

I've had 7 Quarqs and am still using 5 between my wife and me. Two first gen meters were upgraded under Quarq's discounted exchange program. Of these 7 units I've only sent one back for warranty exchange.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Quarq Dzero (aluminum cranks) and love it. No issues in the year I have had it. As far as I can tell the power reading has been accurate and with it works with all of my computers. Would buy again.
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq dzero alloy VS FSA Powerbox [yoman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seems like good choice either way and leaning to saving $200 bucks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One downside to the FSA Powerbox is that bluetooth functionality is not standard. The hardware is there, but it's not activated. A future "in app purchase" option will unlock the bluetooth function. No word, yet, on what that upgrade will cost.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq dzero alloy VS FSA Powerbox [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
do you have one?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like you should wait for the new Power 2 Max NG Eco to come out instead of a FSA Powerbox according to this thread: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread
Quote Reply