Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another One for the Fans of Heavier Music: CoC's 1991 "Blind" Album
Quote | Reply
I remember when this one came out in 1991. I don't think I even had a stereo in my car at the time, but it was in heavy rotation on my tape player at home. I'm convinced it's one of the greatest metal albums ever, given the level of its lyrics (not to mention the musicianship is pretty on point as well).

I present to thee... Corrosion of Conformity's "Blind" album:

My favorite songs off of it are Echoes in the Well and Vote with a Bullet. Jim Beam and the Coon Ass (something of a "secret song" on the album but it doesn't appear to be on the linked youtube playlist) is great too.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Another One for the Fans of Heavier Music: CoC's 1991 "Blind" Album [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I was at State 87-92 when CoC was getting going. I worked in construction during the summer and wore this CoC shirt to work one day. During lunch I sat down on a truck tailgate with the motor grader operator. He looked at me and in the slowest backwoods southern drawl he asked "you believe in that shit?". I wasn't quite sure what that shit was, but I knew if I said yes it would rattle him. I said "yeah" and with a disgusted look he turned away and didn't look at me the rest of the day.
Quote Reply
Re: Another One for the Fans of Heavier Music: CoC's 1991 "Blind" Album [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Such a great band, all around. Every album has it's own signature and vibe, and it's hard to pick a favorite. I saw them live around 1998 or 1999 in Minneapolis. Jerry Cantrell opened for them, supporting the release of his Boggy Depot album. Great show.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never got into them, mainly because I never had a friend let me borrow a tape from them. I'll have to check them out.

By '91 I was into Metallica, Anthrax, and Iron Maiden pretty heavily. Within the next two years I picked up Slayer, Pantera, Obituary, Napalm Death, Death, Sepultura, Bolt Thrower, and Morbid Angel, to name a few (and Ministry and KMFDM on the industrial side).

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My first exposure to CoC was "Lord of This World" off the Nativity in Black album. Blew my mind. The whole album did, really. Made me pretty popular in 9th grade. Everyone wanted to borrow that disc to put it on tape.
Quote Reply